Community
InfraWorks Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s InfraWorks Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular InfraWorks topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fusion 360 parametric model into infraworks

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
Beka_Tchigladze
516 Views, 6 Replies

Fusion 360 parametric model into infraworks

Hello 

if I want to use my own custom parametric parts of my bridge in infraworks and I would make parametric model in fusion 360 (bridge foundation or deck maybe or whatever) how to import it in infraworks ? I know that inventor has additional "infrastructure part shape utility" and it is easy to export inventor models by that way, but there is a problem I don't know modeling in inventor and I cannot make model in inventor, I know modeling in fusion 360 and what to do for import fusion 360's custom 3D parametric model into infraworks?

Beka Tchigladze
Road/Highway Technical Designer

AEC Collection/C3D 2025
WIN 11 64 PRO
Predator Helios 18, Intel Core i9 14900HX, 32 GB
NVIDIA RTX 4080, 12 GB
YouTube--->Linkedin
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
DarrenP
in reply to: Beka_Tchigladze

fusion 360 has several different export options to different file formats

which ones have you tried?

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

Message 3 of 7
Beka_Tchigladze
in reply to: DarrenP

2019-06-04_23-06-45.jpg

Beka Tchigladze

AEC Collection/C3D 2025
WIN 11 64 PRO
NVIDIA RTX 4080, 12 GB
YouTube--->Linkedin
Message 4 of 7

Hi @Beka_Tchigladze ,

unfortunately there is no way to directly use Fusion models in InfraWorks due to the lack of an Inventor Server equivalent for Fusion.

There might be a way to move a Fusion model into Inventor, and from there into InfraWorks. This needs to be tested.

A direct way to import is desired and on the list for future enhancements.

Regards,

Karsten.

Karsten Saenger
Message 5 of 7

I have tried several different ways to import fusion model in inventor but every time it lost's it's parameters, inventor every times gets fusion model as just model, without any smart parameters. I am very frustrated. why developers doesn't thinks on this type issues, fusion also very strong engine in 3D modeling most of people use this software it is AutoDesk product and it is very strange why it is impossible to use it for infraworks.

Beka Tchigladze

AEC Collection/C3D 2025
WIN 11 64 PRO
NVIDIA RTX 4080, 12 GB
YouTube--->Linkedin
Message 6 of 7

@Beka_Tchigladze 

Fusion and IW are on such opposite ends of the spectrum. IW is just a gaming engine, not an authoring environment.

I know adesk is trying to add all this stuff to it, but they themselves are having data organization crisis with just things like alignments and surfaces. Think about it, Civil3d stores data in a dwg, but then we have this IMX format as a middleman? All these adesk programs sprung up at different times, and I don't think the civil group is well funded these days.

Your better bet is to author content in fusion, inventor, autocad, sketchup...whatever, and bring in as dwg or fbx into IW as fixed model, not variable. Not the news you wanted but expecting a fusion file reader in IW is really stretching expectations for autodesk.

internal protected virtual unsafe Human() : mostlyHarmless
I'm just here for the Shelties

Message 7 of 7

you are true in some points, but the fact is that we have something and we should use this staffs, but, I just didn't understand, if it is possible to import inventor model, why not fusion model? they are doing very similar things in common issues, as you are talking if there is inventor why do we have fusion? you can do almost everything with same effect by this two, but before I found out Fusion, it was very difficult for me modeling in inventor, I don't know why but there is fact. inventor was very hard for me, I think autodesk is doing well when it have different software what doings same things with same effect, but with different ways, because different people can choose what is prefer for them, it is just my mind. 

Beka Tchigladze

AEC Collection/C3D 2025
WIN 11 64 PRO
NVIDIA RTX 4080, 12 GB
YouTube--->Linkedin

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report