Community
InfraWorks Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s InfraWorks Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular InfraWorks topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flood Stimulation

15 REPLIES 15
SOLVED
Message 1 of 16
Anonymous
1014 Views, 15 Replies

Flood Stimulation

I contact you regarding River Flow 2D for Autodesk Infraworks.
I've installed a trial version but i can't configure it with Infraworks, via Flood Stimulation in Infarworks.
Please share the procedure
15 REPLIES 15
Message 2 of 16
roskirko
in reply to: Anonymous

The company, Hydronia, sent a link to download the installation program. Once the installation program was run, the Flood Simulation tool responded right away. 

The only time I had ever used the trial version was years ago but it did perform well.

Send the company, Hydronia, an email and ask for further details.

Geographic Information Systems
Fanshawe College
Message 3 of 16
Anonymous
in reply to: roskirko

I have run the application but the flood stimulation tool doesn't even appear on the interface of INFRAWORKS; I have contacted the company but they didn't replay 

Message 4 of 16
roskirko

Are you using Infraworks LT or the full version?

Fanshawe College
Message 5 of 16
roskirko

Are you using the older or newer interface?

OLDOLDNEWNEW

Fanshawe College
Message 6 of 16
Anonymous

I am using a full version, with the new interface. But I can't find the tool.

Message 7 of 16
Charlie.Ogden

The commands should be shown on the Drainage menu as shown in Rick's post.  However, they are only shown if RiverFlow2D is found installed.  I know you ran the installation, but just to check that it installed properly, do you see "RiverFlow2D InfraWorks" listed in Programs and Features?

Did this file get installed here?:

C:\Program Files (x86)\RiverFlow2D_Infraworks\RiverFlow2dm4.exe

If those are found, could you please let us know what version of InfraWorks you are using?  This can be found by opening "About..." in the Application Options dialog box.

Thanks

Charlie Ogden, PE
Product Manager
Message 8 of 16
Anonymous
in reply to: Charlie.Ogden

When I  searched in my application, I've found  Riverflow2D_QGis that I installed from this link http://www.hydronia.com/riverflow2d-flood-simulation (a trial version) 

About INFRAWORKS, Iam using a student version of INFRAWORKS 2020.2

Message 9 of 16
Karsten.Saenger

Hi @Anonymous ,

if you installed RiverFlow2D for QGis it won't appear in InfraWorks. You might want to install the RiverFlow2D for InfraWorks plugin.

Regarding your InfraWorks version, my last information is that InfraWorks 2020.1 nor 2020.2 is supported for student licenses yet. The last working version for education licenses was 2020.0. This information is from a few weeks ago. Could be that the situation changed and I did not notice.

Regards,

Karsten.

Karsten Saenger
Message 10 of 16
Charlie.Ogden

Just to expand on what Karsten said... QGIS is a separate application that Hydronia also makes a RiverFlow2D plugin for.  The link you included is to the InfraWorks plugin which is different.  So somehow you got the QGIS plugin instead of the InfraWorks plugin.  Please check back with Hydronia to see if they can send you a plugin for InfraWorks.

Thanks!

Charlie Ogden, PE
Product Manager
Message 11 of 16
Anonymous

Hello,

Can you pls send me the link the download the plugin for INFRAWORKS, knowing that the one I've found is not the appropriate one.

Thank you

Message 12 of 16
roskirko

The plug-in is a fully licensed product owned by our community college and is not for public release.

Fanshawe College
Message 13 of 16
Anonymous

There is no trial version ?

Message 14 of 16
Charlie.Ogden

Yes, there is a trial version. But Autodesk does not issue the trial.  As I mentioned in my earlier post, please check back with Hydronia, LLC (Hydronia.com) to see if they can send you a plugin for InfraWorks.  I believe they sent out an email with the link to download the version you have, correct? I would suggest replying to that.  I have also contacted them with your issue in case that is faster.

Thanks!

Charlie Ogden, PE
Product Manager
Message 15 of 16
Charlie.Ogden

Hydronia says you just need to use this link to download the trial of RiverFlow2D for InfraWorks Flood Simulation:

http://www.riverflow2d.com/forms/RiverFlow2D_Infraworks_Autodesk_FS/RiverFlow2D_Infraworks_Autodesk_...

Charlie Ogden, PE
Product Manager
Message 16 of 16
Anonymous

It's working well now 

Thank you so much 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report