Community
InfraWorks Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s InfraWorks Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular InfraWorks topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EXPORT IFC FORMAT FROM INFRAWORKS

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
2830 Views, 4 Replies

EXPORT IFC FORMAT FROM INFRAWORKS

Hello, I'm working on an infrastructure project where there is an Infraworks model for the design phase. I need to take that model into a software called Plexos so I can make all the project control from there. That software only works with IFC files that you link into it. I've searched how you can export an Infraworks model in an IFC format but I can't find anything, I would love to know how or to know if it can be done.

Thanks so much.

Labels (6)
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
DarrenP
in reply to: Anonymous

these are the only formats you can export to in infraworks: https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/infraworks/learn-explore/caas/CloudHelp/cloudhelp/ENU/InfraWo...

you can only import ifc files

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

Message 3 of 5
andrewofabley
in reply to: Anonymous

@Anonymous 

Infraworks cannot export these natively, however if you have some ETL tools at your disposal - you can query the underlying sqlite databases and assemble an IFC of some of the data.

It's not straightforward but I have done it in a pinch.

Maybe this one should go to the Ideas forum......I believe this functionality would be appreciated by many.

AEC Collection / Safe FME / ESRI ArcGIS / Unreal Engine
Digital Engineering Lead, Compulsive Problem Solver.
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: andrewofabley

Thanks so much, frankly I don't know what an ETL is but I appreciate the help. I agree with you, this is something that would be nice to have in Infraworks. 

Message 5 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: DarrenP

Thanks! Maybe I'll try a workaround in Civil 3D.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report