Community
InfraWorks Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s InfraWorks Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular InfraWorks topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Export building only?

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
1563 Views, 3 Replies

Export building only?

I am using Infrawork to quickly create a site condition for my Revit model. The Model Builder is not really good at getting the proper topography, but I would like to import all the buildings!

1) Is there a way to quickly delete everything except the buildings or to select just the buildings to export in 3D (FBX)?

---

2) I noticed the geography is quite inaccurate and the buildings are about 85% accurate. I am guessing there are no way to get access to more accurate data?

---

3) The textures of the buildings do not follow in Revit, is there a way to import them as well?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Karsten.Saenger
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi @Anonymous,

1 - You can expert a 3D model from InfraWorks and create multiple files. One file can be used for buildings only.

2018-11-20_0824.png

2 - Model Builder data is based on free available data. For the US region it's quite accurate, for other regions in the world it's based on SRTM data for example. Explanations about data sources can be found in the Model Builder.
If you have more accurate data available on ArcGIS online, you could connect to that. Other than than, you will need to find more accurate data yourself, in some places of the earth there exist good and free LIDAR data already that you can download and load into InfraWorks.

2018-11-20_0820.png

3 - The building textures are not textures but styles, the are not exported into a 3D data file.

Regards,

Karsten.

Karsten Saenger
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Karsten.Saenger

Thanks for the fast answers!

Actually, regarding question 3, I noticed that the texturesd ARE exported. If you open the FBX in 3ds Max, it is textured as a standard material and the textures show up. Just not sure why it does not follow to Revit, seems like something is getting lost in the Navisworks translation.

Tex.jpg

Message 4 of 4
govindkpradeep
in reply to: Anonymous

For some reason mine still doesn't seam to work. I have a shapefile close to 300 mb and I am able to generate the buildings too based on height information but when it comes to exporting the data into 3dsmax it closes off without even a warning. Please help !

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report