Community
InfraWorks Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s InfraWorks Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular InfraWorks topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does Infraworks calculate eathwork quantiliies (cut and fill) of grading area?

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
sukishum20
287 Views, 2 Replies

Does Infraworks calculate eathwork quantiliies (cut and fill) of grading area?

Hi,

I am from an urban design background and we are exploring the possibility to use Infraworks during our design process.

I acknowledge that earthwork quantities / cut & fill of a component road can be calculated. Does the earthwork quantities function only apply to the component road? Can we also use that when we draw a grading area to see its cut/fill volume? 

Component road earth quantitiesComponent road earth quantities

I can see in the proposal under grading areas, area change is shown comparing to the last proposal, but that is not cut and fill.

grading area - earth quantities function?grading area - earth quantities function?

Thanks in advance, it would help a lot if this function is actually available.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Matheus-Lima
in reply to: sukishum20

Hello @sukishum20, welcome to the forums!

Yes, there is a tool called Terrain Statistics for it. Actually, it would be nice to have some updates on it and make it available to export the results in a csv like in the component roads. But here it is, I hope it helps: https://help.autodesk.com/view/INFMDR/ENU/?guid=GUID-27C4105B-983B-44A8-BDBC-2C0D09F8CDF7.

On the topic, take a look at this thread. Karsten made it simple to understand how the terrain statistics tool works: https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/infraworks-forum/imported-shp-file-as-land-areas-shows-0-cut-amp-fill....

Cheers,

[PT-BR] Se essa postagem foi útil para você, clique em Curtir! Se a resposta resolveu o seu problema, clique em Aceitar Solução.
[EN-US] If it was helpful to you, click on Like! If the answer solved your problem, click on Accept Solution.

EESignature

Matheus Lima
Civil Engineer | BIM for Infrastructure Enthusiast | BIM Manager | Instagram @bim_infra | LinkedIn
Message 3 of 3
sukishum20
in reply to: Matheus-Lima

Thanks for your reply @Matheus-Lima, this is what I need! Hopefully, there will be an update soon exporting this data to excel, this will save us so much work!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report