Community
InfraWorks Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s InfraWorks Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular InfraWorks topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data Import - Data invalid spatial refrence

23 REPLIES 23
SOLVED
Message 1 of 24
Anonymous
3776 Views, 23 Replies

Data Import - Data invalid spatial refrence

Hi all,

I am still trying to learn Infra-works,anyways I managed to work on it but there is an annoying massage that pops up every time  I import any shp file.

Can anyone please explain what does it mean ?, i have been trying to figure it out but with no luck - i guess it has to do with the coordinates ! 

and my second question what is the best coordinate system to use ?  or i just select the area of interest from the model builder and that's it ? 

data warning.JPG

23 REPLIES 23
Message 21 of 24
Anonymous
in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

Hello,

I have been working with this Data invalid message with SHP files and I tried many different routes in attempt to get around this issue.  I finally got a SHP file to import into InfraWorks without the Data Invalid message, but it does not appear to be anywhere on the surface.  I was trying to import a parking lot that I drew in CAD as a SHP coverage area.

My InfraWorks model is on the LL84 coordinate system, and when I imported the file, I made sure the coordinate system in the Geo Location tab matched the coordinate system I set in InfraWorks.  I also assigned a Rule Style to the coverage area and selected "convert closed polylines to polygons."

I right clicked on my SHP file that I imported in InfraWorks and selected "Select Features" but nothing appeared to be selected.  Any ideas on what happened?

Message 22 of 24
Karsten.Saenger
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi @Anonymous ,

the coordinates in Civil 3D show something like X = 2364317.0, Y = 14256207.0

If you import a shape file with these coordinates and assign LL84 for the CS, it will be way off your area of interest. What coordinate system are you working with in Civil 3D?
Try assigning this to you shape file in InfraWorks in the data source configuration.

Regards,

Karsten.

Karsten Saenger
Message 23 of 24
Anonymous
in reply to: Karsten.Saenger

Hello,

I actually meant to say that I matched the coordinate system with Civil 3D, not InfraWorks.  I am using the coordinate system HARN/KY.KY-NF in Civil 3D and I imported the shape file with this as well. The invalid data message did not show up, but nothing appeared to change on my model either.

Any ideas?

Thank you for your help. 

Message 24 of 24
Karsten.Saenger
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi @Anonymous ,

mh - I don't have any more ideas in the moment. Is it possible to share the Shape file (note: it contains at least 3 files with extensions .shp, .shx, .dbf).

Regards,

Karsten.

Karsten Saenger

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report