Community
InfraWorks Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s InfraWorks Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular InfraWorks topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom Abutment Dimensions

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
vaclav_hirsch
663 Views, 2 Replies

Custom Abutment Dimensions

Hi Autodesk Team,

Could you please provide an annotated sketch to clarify location of the required parametric dimensions for abutment (CLBearingToBBW, SeatWidth, etc.) including relationship to the Inventor origin.

I'm have set up and imported a custom abutment, however I see that the bridge length is measured to the bridge side of abutment back wall. This is unlike on 'Simple Abutments' style where it is taken to the approach side of abutment back wall. Also, spill through approach formation is not retained by the abutment. I expect this is some set up issue. Can you please help.

See the attached snippets.

Thanks. V.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Hi! Were you able to figure it out? As I'm currently facing this. Would appreciate if you can share.

Message 3 of 3

I found you can open Inventor model for individual bridge elements Autodesk has provided. When you open it you will see how they drive individual parameters and the related naming convention so the bridge element communicates with road model.

Manage / content / style palette / parametric models / bridge / abutments / double click on one of abutments there - it will open window, click on 'view in explorer' it will take you to where Inventor file is saved. Open it and see details.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report