Community
InfraWorks Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s InfraWorks Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular InfraWorks topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating video problem

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
sean.keohane
279 Views, 1 Reply

Creating video problem

Hi, My infraworks file hosts about 20 files, mostly .nwd from revit and autocad. It also hosts a point cloud which gets modified as each video is created. Over the weeks working on the project the videos took longer and long to output. Initially the video's took about 30min. progressing to overnight (14hrs). I tried all kinds of video settings but I got best results with WMV, 1920x1080, 25fps, 10500bit rate when it eventually processed. My last video export failed/timed out and only exported when I reduced point cloud def. which wasn't acceptable quality. I decided to remove the point cloud and edit a copy to remove any data that was not seen on the video I wished to export. I reloaded that copy and the video exported in less than 15min. I decided to put back the full point cloud and the video exported in less than 20min. All settings being equal.

Can anyone explain what I might have achieved by removing and returning the point cloud to make such a drastic improvement? Any advice/opinions to help be understand what happened will be greatly appreciated. 

Best Regards

Sean K

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
SoaresASBCAD
in reply to: sean.keohane

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report