Community
InfraWorks Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s InfraWorks Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular InfraWorks topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Civil 3D Import issue into Infrawork 360

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
1012 Views, 4 Replies

Civil 3D Import issue into Infrawork 360

I am trying to import a Civil 3D DWG into my infraworks 360 model.  IW360 A model that was created using Model builder.  I get the attached error when trying to import the Civil 3D Model.

My infraworks 360 version is:  16.4.76.0

Civil 3D model was created in version C3D 2014

Error message occur whether model in from Model Builder and in the Cloud or it is imported into model created and store on my desk top.

Any help on resolving this issue would be appreciated.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Karsten.Saenger
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi @Anonymous

there have been made some changes to the cloud import services in InfraWorks since version 2016.4.
For example it is not possible anymore to import a Civil 3D DWG via the cloud, Civil 3D with the same version must be installed on the same system.

Can you say if you tried to import via cloud or via local import - you can check the setting in the application options.

Is there a reason why you don't upgrade to the latest InfraWorks version 2018.2?

Regards,

Karsten.

Karsten Saenger
Message 3 of 5
Ellen.Yuan

Hi @Anonymous,

The service supporting Civil DWG cloud import has been retired at Jan 2nd, only local import is available now.

You can switch to local import through application options as attached screenshot. Make sure the corresponding version of Civil 3D product is installed on the same machine.

Let us know if any further issues, thanks.

Regards,

Ellen

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: Karsten.Saenger

Karsten

Thanks for reply.

Data is held locally.  but when I go to Application option I can see the option to import C3D models is greyed out as I only have infraworks on my machine and not C3D.  so that would appear to be the solution.

Will contact my IT dept to see if I can get C3D installed.  Will also check if I can get Infraworks upgrade.  Reason for not doing so till now was I was working on a project in 2016 and report suggest issues with upgrade that could have affected my work so I held off.  that work is now complete so upgrade should no longer be a issue.

would upgrade to latest Infraworks on it own allow me to import C3D model locally or do I need C3D and Infraworks for this to work? 

Regards

Aaron

Message 5 of 5
Karsten.Saenger

Hi @Anonymous

as Ellen stated in her message, you neew to have Civil 3D installed with the same version as InfraWorks to be able to locally import Civil 3D DWG files.

Regards,

Karsten.

Karsten Saenger

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report