Community
InfraWorks Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s InfraWorks Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular InfraWorks topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't see aerial from a project I create in Model Builder?

15 REPLIES 15
SOLVED
Message 1 of 16
Anonymous
1992 Views, 15 Replies

Can't see aerial from a project I create in Model Builder?

If I create a model in Model builder I can not see the aerial photos, but if I share this project with another user thru the Cloud they can.  Now if that same user creates a model also in Model builder and shares it with me, I can now see the aerial photos?  Weird?

Anyone else with this issue?

I've uninstalled Infraworks 360 June and re-installed with no help.   It appears that if I create the model the download to my computer doesn't have the aerials (download size is real small) but if someone else creates the model the the download is much bigger and includes the aerials.

Bill N.

15 REPLIES 15
Message 2 of 16
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

I have the exact same problem as you. Will be looking forward to an answer as well.
Message 3 of 16
Eric_Chappell

Hello Gordon and Bill.

Have you tried locating the Ground Imagery data source in the Data Sources panel and refreshing it?

refresh.png

Eric Chappell
Message 4 of 16
Anonymous
in reply to: Eric_Chappell

Can't refresh data that ain't there!  We've looked in the folders and the data is not there to show.

INFRAWORKS_FOLDERS.png

Message 5 of 16
Anonymous
in reply to: Eric_Chappell

Hi Eric,

When I try to refresh I get a "Data Source Failure". "Refresh failed for: imagery"

This is straight from Model Builder: When I try to configure anything, I get a "Missing data source files".

Thanks,

Gordon

Message 6 of 16
Anonymous

Gordon,

Yep, same error.

Message 7 of 16
MattAndersonPE

Do you have a proxy?

Aerial imagery comes from BingWMS service ~ so I assume your machine is unable to communicate with the Bing servers, and hence you never downloaded the imagery.  

Matt Anderson
Product Manager
Message 8 of 16
Anonymous
in reply to: MattAndersonPE

It's commicating with the servers just fine or I wouldn't be able to pick the site in MB in the first place.   Why would I be able to download a site that someone else made, but can download one I made, but someone else can.  Makes no sense?

Message 9 of 16
Anonymous

No proxy server here, only my laptop connected to a wireless router, that is connected to the cable modem that is connected to the internet.

Message 10 of 16
MattAndersonPE

Bill -

Review: http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/infraworks-360/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/...

In that document, we point out that Model Builder download comes from here:

Model Builder downloads BING tiles using the following servers:

http://dev.virtualearth.net
http://tiles.virtualearth.net

for the Raster images.

Your MB download fails to pull this data from that location.

Your download from a different users model, that server isn't being used again. 

Matt Anderson
Product Manager
Message 11 of 16
Anonymous

It appears to be my Bidefender's firewall.  I thought I had turned if off during testing but it was still on.  So I disabled it and now I'm able to download the aerials.

Message 12 of 16
dongyang01

Glad that you got it working Bill! @ Gordon, do you think the cause to your issue may be similar? Thanks, -Dong

Dong Yang
Principal User Experience Designer
Autodesk Construction Solutions
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 13 of 16
Anonymous
in reply to: dongyang01

I will discuss with IT. Thanks.
Message 14 of 16
Anonymous

I am not sure I understand the solution. I am having the same problem. Do I need to get some Bing Map Key? Are there instructions somewhere for making this work? Until now, I have been using my own aerials but this time I need to get one from Bing or otherwise and I need the easiest way to do that. 

Message 15 of 16
Anonymous

I am not sure I understand the solution. I am having the same problem. Do I need to get some Bing Map Key? Are there instructions somewhere for making this work? Until now, I have been using my own aerials but this time I need to get one from Bing or otherwise and I need the easiest way to do that. 

Message 16 of 16
John_DeLeeuw

@Anonymous, check this article on how to enable your Firewall to access Bing servers if this doesn't work within your organisation or provide this information to your IT department.

John de Leeuw
Senior Consultant

Community Ambassador - Twitter - LinkedIn

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report