Community
InfraWorks Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s InfraWorks Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular InfraWorks topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can not get "Autodesk Revit Infraworks Updater Plugiin"

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
Anonymous
817 Views, 7 Replies

Can not get "Autodesk Revit Infraworks Updater Plugiin"

I have followed the steps from the Autodesk knowledge section but when I get to the point of downloading the add in Nothing appears in my available products. 

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
ramesh_sridharan
in reply to: Anonymous

@Anonymous Can you add some screen capture? I was able to access it via manage.autodesk.com 

Regards,

Ramesh S
Product Manager - Infrastructure Solutions

Ramesh.Sridharan@autodesk.com

Ramesh Sridharan
Product Manager
Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: ramesh_sridharan

Many thanks, I have forwarded to the license administrator to solve. Think that don't have the required permissions to download the updates.

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous

Hi, as a follow up to my previous question (and after the solution); I installed the Autodesk app to my desk top and was able to install the Autodesk infraworks updater plugin' this way. I also installed the revit add ins available but am still struggling to export my bridge model to Revit. There is no "Send to Revit" option when I right click (but there is a "Publish Civil Structures" - "Create New" option.  This only allows me to create a bridge.imx file. This I can then import to Revit (Add ins > Import Civil Structures > bridge.imx). This brings in the model, but I cant edit anything as all the elements are "Direct shapes"(??).  Please advise what I am doing wrong as it is driving me mad! Software used is Infraworks 2022 and Revit 2022

Thanks

Message 5 of 8
jim_geer

Hi @Anonymous 

The Send to Revit command was changed to Publish Civil Structures in the latest release.  So you have the workflow correct.  The bridge is exported to IMX and then the IMX is imported into Revit with the plugin.  The elements can not be edited once in Revit.  The only things you can really do in Revit with the bridge elements is add rebar, dimensioning, creating sections, views etc.  If a bridge element needs to be changed then that change needs to happen in Infraworks.  Once the element is changed in Infraworks you can run the command Publish Civil Structures -> Update Existing.  This will update the existing IMX file which will then in turn update the bridge in Revit.  You will get a pop up dialog in Revit that says the bridge has been updated.  Once you hit Ok to that then the bridge gets updated in Revit.  I hope this helps, let me know if you have any other questions in regards to that workflow.

Thanks,

Jim Geer
Principal Software Engineer in Test

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: jim_geer

Thanks Jim,

Was the infraworks model previously exported to Revit as editable families? I am very new to the software, but this seems like a step backwards if that is the case. 

Message 7 of 8
jim_geer

Hi @Anonymous 

No we didn't previously use Revit Families, we've been using direct shape since the beginning.  We are in the process of investigating using Revit families.  It is definitely on the roadmap cause we know a lot customers would like to use/reuse editable Revit families.

Thanks,

Jim Geer
Principal Software Engineer in Test

Message 8 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: jim_geer

Many thanks for all your help.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report