Community
InfraWorks Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s InfraWorks Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular InfraWorks topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bringing in existing surface and exporting to Autocad Civil 3d

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
Anonymous
483 Views, 7 Replies

Bringing in existing surface and exporting to Autocad Civil 3d

I am trying to bring in a surface to Infraworks, (shaper file) and export it to Autocad to create a surface. Is this possible? My computer is not responding when I try to export imx from Infraworks.

Thanks,

Jason

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
pedro_soethe
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi do you have the Civil 3D 2016 version?

If yes, you have another way to import date to Civil 3D.

In the Ribbon click in Insert and after that in InfraWorks 360 and then in Open InfraWorks 360 Model, follow the instructions to import the Infraworks 360 data to your drawing.

OPENMODEL.png

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous

Hi and thanks, but I have version 2015. I should get 2016 soon though.

Jason Rogers
Civil Technician

[cid:image001.png@01D1058D.A1F6F8E0]

5555 North Grand Boulevard
Oklahoma City, OK 73112-5507
T: 405.416.8132
jason.rogers@guernsey.us
guernsey.us

REALIZE THE DIFFERENCE
[Facebook]

[Twitter]

[LinkedIn]

This message and its attachments contain confidential information and are intended only for the individual named. If you are not the named addressee you should not disseminate, distribute or copy this e-mail. Please notify the sender immediately by e-mail if you have received this e-mail by mistake and delete this e-mail from your system. E-mail transmission, including transmission of attachments, cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error-free as information could be intercepted, corrupted, lost, destroyed, arrive late or incomplete, or contain viruses. The sender therefore does not accept liability for any errors or omissions in the contents of this message or its attachments, which arise as a result of e-mail transmission. If verification is required please request a hard-copy version.
Message 4 of 8
tony1978

If you are using 2015. Export the surface to an IMX file from InfraWorks,  then use the imximport command in AutoCAD to import your surface. 

Tony Carcamo

President/Owner

Civil CAD Learning Solutions

DFW BIM Infrastructure User Group

LinkedIn | Twitter | Instagram | DFWBIUG |User Group

Message 5 of 8
Karsten.Saenger
in reply to: tony1978

Hi @Anonymous,

actually the InfraWorks data exchange functions are available for Civil 3D 2015 as well - these are part or the Productivity Pack 1 2015.

Regards,
Karsten.

Karsten Saenger
Message 6 of 8
Anonymous

I have been doing it that way but I am not sure if I have the Autocad productivity pack 1 let me check.
Thanks,

Jason Rogers
Civil Technician

[cid:image001.png@01D10657.46F30C70]

jason.rogers@guernsey.us
guernsey.us

REALIZE THE DIFFERENCE
[Facebook]

[Twitter]

[LinkedIn]

This message and its attachments contain confidential information and are intended only for the individual named. If you are not the named addressee you should not disseminate, distribute or copy this e-mail. Please notify the sender immediately by e-mail if you have received this e-mail by mistake and delete this e-mail from your system. E-mail transmission, including transmission of attachments, cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error-free as information could be intercepted, corrupted, lost, destroyed, arrive late or incomplete, or contain viruses. The sender therefore does not accept liability for any errors or omissions in the contents of this message or its attachments, which arise as a result of e-mail transmission. If verification is required please request a hard-copy version.
Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: tony1978

Where can I get the productivity pack 1 for 2015?
Thanks,

Jason Rogers
Civil Technician

[cid:image001.png@01D10658.55064CE0]

jason.rogers@guernsey.us
guernsey.us

REALIZE THE DIFFERENCE
[Facebook]

[Twitter]

[LinkedIn]

Message 8 of 8
Karsten.Saenger

Hi @Anonymous,

you should be able to find the Productivity Pack 1 in you subscription center under the product in the Product Enhancements and Updates section:

2015-10-14_1534.png

Regards,

Karsten.

Karsten Saenger

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report