Announcements
Visit Fusion 360 Feedback Hub, the great way to connect to our Product, UX, and Research teams. See you there!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tangent Joint

Tangent Joint

I do a fair amount of work with cams, slot-sliders, and other contacting surfaces. It'd be really nice to have some sort of tangent joint to fix two surfaces tangent to one another regardless of their orientation. This would be really usefull for designing cam systems and more complicated slot mechanisms that can't be captured by the pin-slot joint.

7 Comments
HughesTooling
Consultant

Take a look at this thread and the screencast in post #16. This is not a solution, we still need a tangent joint but it might help.

Mark

tjstephens
Enthusiast

Will contact sets do some of this for you? 

promm
Alumni
Status changed to: Future Consideration

Thank you for your idea, this is getting changed to future consideration.  The problem that we are going to solve is having a tangent relationship between components.  We are exploring options that include contact sets, constraints and joints.  Once work is started this will be changed to future consideration.

Regards,

Mike Prom

Internal Tracking FUS-26127

Murdug
Enthusiast

Thanks Mike. I fully agree, a tangent constraint/joint between components will be great! (with the option to off-set). The workaround is really tedious for something that could be a click of a button. Like Keqingsong said 13 July, "Now you just have to click once, because you should never have to click more than you really need to". 🙂

mark2t
Advocate

I'm also in need of a tangent constraint. I think the work around is just too much... well... work. I have to carefully construct the joint origins, and then will have to create basically a virtual component to be the planar joint to allow the sliding I need.

bmcmahon
Community Visitor

How has this still not been implemented?

michael.woodrum
Enthusiast
I just spent a few hours attempting to get the motion that I need. Then I thought I would search. This is needed for sure. Please consider adding this. I would love to have the ability to easily do this as well as simulate it before making it for real.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report