Announcements
Visit Fusion 360 Feedback Hub, the great way to connect to our Product, UX, and Research teams. See you there!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re-ordering and searching for User Parameters

Re-ordering and searching for User Parameters

At the moment, the User Parameters displayed in the Parameter Window are sorted in the order of *creation*. This makes it very hard to locate a User Parameter if there are many. (In my paraticular case I extensively use User Parameters, so it is not unusal to have a few hundreds User Parameters in a complex design)

It would be great if you could provide mechanisms to re-order User Parameters. Some possible ideas are:
- Sorting by alphanumeric order (primitive, but it would be a major improvement already)
- Allow for user to individually re-order each User Parameter
- Allow for sub-groups. This would be super useful for large number of User Parameters.

While you are at it, a search mechanism for User Parameter would be highly appreciated.

6 Comments
AntMc
Advocate

If you are using Revit 2015 and above family parameters can be ordered, alphabetically and manually.

promm
Alumni
Status changed to: RUG-jp審査通過

Thank you for your idea, this is getting archived due to lack of votes.  When you make a parameter a favorite it will be listed under the favorites in the parameter dialog box.  This list will be smaller and easier for you to manage and locate the parameters that you would like to change.

Cheers,

Mike Prom

r.sperline
Enthusiast

I am requesting that the Parameters Database be made searchable, even if only by CTRL+F.  When I have changed my mind and reinserted a component, F360 appends "_1", then "_2", etc., to the parameter name, and unifying the names and values becomes difficult.   Making a parameter a favorite does help with minimizing the size of the list, but that does not help with making all the _X versions of a parameter have the same value.

By the way - what was meant by "Revit 2015" in AntMc's comment above? "If you are using Revit 2015 and above family parameters can be ordered, alphabetically and manually."

AntMc
Advocate

Sorry, I was talking about Revit. Must have ended up on the wrong discussion group. 

lindsay.fowler
Advocate

I would vote for this - but it is archived due to lack of votes. Catch22.

It seems obvious that complex designs would have lots of parameters and there must be some way of grouping or at least reordering them. If not, this very useful feature of Fusion 360 becomes a bit of a nightmare as a design progresses. Please implement a more advanced Modify Parameters window.

Thanks

JYZMT
Advocate

+ one on ordering parameters please. Why archive these? should we start another idea for the same thing?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report