Announcements
Visit Fusion 360 Feedback Hub, the great way to connect to our Product, UX, and Research teams. See you there!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Parameter fields in command dialogue boxes too small for expressions

Parameter fields in command dialogue boxes too small for expressions

I use a lot of parameters and also simple but sometimes lengthy expressions in the value fields of my command dialogue boxes. In the interest of readability, I name my user parameters descriptively, as one should, which means a parameter name can be two or three words long, joined by underscores. When I use those descriptive names for my user parameters as factors in an expression describing how I want my objects to be formed, moved, extruded, jointed, etc etc, then the expression can become longish, e.g. "-( gate_width - ( 2 * box_clearance ) )" and similar. The problem is these are hard to enter and to later edit gracefully because the expression entry fields are too short and they don't automatically or manually expand to allow for easy editing. You have to somewhat blindly click, drag, arrow-key, whatever, and hope you get it right.

Please improve the editing behaviour of expression fields in general by allowing them to expand, either automatically, or manually, or both.

*Posted to idea station here

2 Comments
daniel_lyall
Mentor
yer man
cloudbase9
Advocate

SOLVED!

I found this feature IS in fusion today! I issued an "edit feature" command, and the resulting dialogue box offered me a thumb at the bottom right corner which i could use to resize it. So problem solved. The entry fields for expressions can be made as wide as I want.

The Mac OS standard behaviour would be a bit better, where you can grab any edge of a window to resize it, as well as any corner, and its same with Windows too I think. 

Did this sneak in recently or was it always here?

Thanks either way!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report