Announcements
Visit Fusion 360 Feedback Hub, the great way to connect to our Product, UX, and Research teams. See you there!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Jogged Lines on Exploded Views

Jogged Lines on Exploded Views

What would be very helpful is to allow us to have jogged lines in trail visibility when creating an exploded view. Right now, when you are in the process of moving a component, the trail looks like this: Jogged Line.PNG

But when you hit OK, it turns to this. In my current applications, this is not especially helpful.

Diagonal Line.PNG

For an assembly purpose, a jogged line can be far more useful, and convey the order in which parts are assembled.

Creating-Explode-Lines-2.jpg

Any plans for this in the works? I did some searching, and I didn't see it in the forums already, so I hope I'm not duplicating thoughts here.

Thanks! 

8 Comments

This is a really great idea +10

Would be awesome to have a simple way of specifying order of operations and dependencies to make this and assembly / exploding animations

k.wildman
Contributor

You can sort of specify an order on the exploded view by manually moving/exploding them yourself. That's what I've been doing so far, otherwise the auto-generated exploded views just look like a tornado ripped through a whole lot of parts and threw them everywhere!

Yeah the current manual thing takes a ton of work to get close to reasonable output, and the current auto-generated version is pointless

TimeraAutodesk
Community Manager
Status changed to: Future Consideration

keqingsong
Community Manager

We need to do this for 2D Drawings first, and have captured this for animations and is currently a future consideration. 

k.wildman
Contributor

@keqingsong, how would this be separate from the 2D drawings? Because that is exactly what I'm trying to do in the end - have jogged lines to appear for my exploded views on my 2D drawings, and exploded views are generated from the animation environment. 

For example, a snippet from a quick drawing. I would love to add jogged lines to this to help clarify assembly order in fabrication. I presently manually pull apart my exploded views to best illustrated assembly order due to lack of jogged lines.

ExplodedViewExample.PNG

TimeraAutodesk
Community Manager
Status changed to: オートデスク審査落選

keqingsong
Community Manager
Status changed to: Implemented

Good news! This is now available in the latest version of Fusion 360! https://www.autodesk.com/products/fusion-360/blog/december-5-2017-update-whats-new/

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report