Announcements
Visit Fusion 360 Feedback Hub, the great way to connect to our Product, UX, and Research teams. See you there!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Centerlines for Curves in Drawings

Centerlines for Curves in Drawings

Currently it isn't possible to use the Centerline command to draw a centerline between two curves. 

If I have a drawing for a formed wire like the one below, I need to dimension the centerline of the curve, not the outer or inner radius. 

Screen Shot 2016-09-20 at 4.55.25 PM.png

11 Comments
anne.pauley
Community Visitor

Just to clarify, this is for radii with the same centerpoint. 

TimeraAutodesk
Community Manager
Status changed to: Future Consideration

Anonymous
Not applicable

Has anybody got an update for this?

Couldn't find it on the drawing roadmap, but definitely a feature that Fusion needs!

TimeraAutodesk
Community Manager
Status changed to: オートデスク審査落選

@Anonymous this is captured on the Roadmap under Centerlines > Point to Point and is estimated to get started later this year.

Why on EARTH hasn't this been implemented? It's one of the most BASIC things you could ever need to do, it seems that this should be an extension of the centre line tool.

I'm guessing it's withheld to ensure Autodesk make maximum profit!!

fahad.khan.nuwiel
Participant

Please add this feature at the earliest! Its a must have!

EDIT:-

If you create the solid model using a 2D Scetch, for example lofting a tube or similar on a path, you can right click and create the sketch as normal construction, and/or when you create drawing make sure that the browser is expanded to show sketches and turn the sketch lightbulb on, you should then have a CL on the tube, rid or wire with a curve.

Its pretty awful from a thought process point of view but it does work, obviously we would still prefer the option to create a CL on a curve.

colinNJB25
Advocate

Attaching dimensions to any centerline would be really useful!

TimeraAutodesk
Community Manager

@colinNJB25 - you can attach dimensions to centerlines today in the Drawings workspace... are you having trouble with this functionality?

colinNJB25
Advocate

@TimeraAutodesk I am. I don't want to hijack this thread. I'll start a new one in Design, Validate...

TimeraAutodesk
Community Manager
Status changed to: オートデスク審査落選

This is on our long-term roadmap, and we'll get to it as soon as we can. For an up to date look on our short/medium term roadmap, please visit THIS MURAL.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report