Did you mean: 

Inventor Pro Install

34 REPLIES 34
Message 1 of 35
Anonymous
1411 Views, 34 Replies

Inventor Pro Install

Good morning,

I have not been able to download and install correctly my $$ version of inventor pro for weeks now. The install originally was solid until I made some setting changes to it. (one issue was A360 was just opening a blank window) so I tried to fix it and This is when the trouble began. after several attempts to repair I uninstalled Inventor and tried to reinstall. It installs but it isn't pro and locks the screen and has errors or states it need some service pack?. I downloaded what it said to do but states in still needs it?  If this was just 1 issue I would post it here. I really messed it up:( I do think it has something to do with license

What would be the quickest simplest way to resolve this? Call in? Screen share?

I'm using Windows7 on a Panasonic tough book 64bit and  at work a OptiPlex 9020 Dell with Windows7 64bit this works but I think it is not set up correctly- it locks the screen when opening software too.

Thanks and have a great day!

Karl

34 REPLIES 34
Message 21 of 35
jeff.pek
in reply to: Anonymous

A couple things here:

1) It's already installed;

2) You won't be able to run the Install Now package again on its own -- this must be run in conjunction with the web page it was launched from.

Inventor HSM 2017 is an addin, which runs against Inventor versions 2015, 2016, or 2017.

I think you had just Inventor 2015 and 2016 installed.

So, to run it, you just use one of the installed versions of Inventor, and the HSM functionality should show up.

Jeff

Message 22 of 35
jeff.pek

Pro (old name) should be Ultimate now. But it's showing Premium.

Did you get a serial number with your entitlement? If you PM me that, I think I can check on that.

Thanks,

Jeff

Message 23 of 35
Anonymous

Okay,

it has been a while but I got a New PC and want to install software correctly. Is there a number I could call to figure this mess out?

Totally confused with what I paid for and what I have access to download.

Please Help!

Thanks

Karl

Message 24 of 35
jeff.pek

Hi Karl -

What you paid for, and have access to, should be presented in the Account Portal (manage.autodesk.com).

To use Inventor HSM, you'll need to first download and install Inventor, and then the Inventor HSM component.

The serial numbers and product keys should be shown on the account portal page.

If there's some question about what you purchased, vs. what's showing up, I think the best place to start is with your reseller.

Jeff

Message 25 of 35
Anonymous
in reply to: jeff.pek

Thanks Jeff 🙂

I will try it know and hopefully it works(not like the other PC.

I will keep you posted

Karl

Message 26 of 35
Anonymous

Jeff,

Still having the same problem

I downloaded 2014 Inventor then I tried to down load 2017 HSM both the Premium and the Ultimate(only choices) when I press the next button Inventor HSM 2017 is greyed out so I can't install it.

Karl

Message 27 of 35
jeff.pek

Can you show me a screenshot, including any tooltip over the installation blocker?

We support Inventor 2015 through 2017. Why are you using Inventor 2014?

Jeff

Message 28 of 35
Anonymous

I'm sorry Jeff

It was 2015 that I installed. However I don't see it in my installed programs.

I do have a Autodesk folder on my C drive with it in it. When I click the Autodesk installer inside of this folder  is pops up a window stating Communication failure.

Karl

Message 29 of 35
jeff.pek

Hi Karl -

Do you have some time this afternoon (ET)? Maybe I can just do a screen-sharing session with you to try to figure out how to get you going.

Thanks,

Jeff

Message 30 of 35
Anonymous

HSM install.jpg

Message 31 of 35
Anonymous

Jeff

That would be great!

Anytime let me know when and how

Thanks

Message 32 of 35
jeff.pek

Can you PM me your contact info and timeframe when we can talk?

Thanks,

Jeff

Message 33 of 35
Anonymous

morning,

I take it we have reached the furthest point of trying to resolve this matter with Inventor originating here-

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/hsm-support-forum/inventor-pro-install/td-p/6876724

I was hoping to  use my Inventor Premium 2017 that we paid 2900.00 for last fall. I'm really glad we didn't lock in the 3 year deal & 6670.00.

I think I'm going to put this to bed and move on.  Hopefully Fusion360 Ultimate  will be the answer for the 4th axis needs because I know Fusion works at least the 300.00 version.

Jeff & Noah, thanks for trying guys

I appreciate it 🙂

Karl

Message 34 of 35
jeff.pek

Hi karl -

Sorry you're still struggling. I think I recall that you had inventor HSM Premium (formerly Inventor HSM), and not Inventor HSM Ultimate (formerly Inventor HSM Pro). Do you show otherwise someplace?

When you have the files left around on your disk from "Install Now", you can't use those again later; you need to run it again from the web page. If you use Download Now, then you can run that installer again later from your local disk.

Jeff

Message 35 of 35
Anonymous

Hi Jeff,

My work PC has Inventor Pro

My Lap top machine that I take with me has 2016 Inventor It will not run 2017 premium.

I was thinking  (when I bought) Inventor, I was buying something that I could use for 4th axis CAM . I hope when I buy Ultimate it I won't have the same issue running on my PC:)

Not a big loss though brother, I'm more efficient with Fusion CAD anyway. AD as a whole is awesome place to learn.

Thanks for your help buddy

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report