Did you mean: 

Inventor CAM - Horizontal Lead-in broken Inventor CAM

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
linkQ5BYV
113 Views, 4 Replies

Inventor CAM - Horizontal Lead-in broken Inventor CAM

Hello-

I have a problem in Inventor CAM 2024 where the specified horizontal lead-in is not respected, as shown in the picture below.

brokenleadin.PNG

The specified radius for the lead-in is 0.037, but instead of this, a large arc is generated which ends in a sharp right angle when the tool contacts the stock. I have found a similar issue here: https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/fusion-manufacture/2d-adaptive-shortening-lead-ins/td-p/7657788 but no real solution was found. I have reinstalled inventor CAM, tried this on numerous parts, and it just seems broken. Is there some setting I am missing? what might cause this? I'm kind of pulling my hair out here. I have attached the .ipt that reproduces this.

Thanks!

Lincoln

Tags (3)
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

This looks like an error.

Kacper Suchomski

EESignature

YouTube - Inventor tutorials | WWW | LinkedIn | Instagram

Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

Message 3 of 5

do you have a solution?
Message 4 of 5

You can use other strategies.
This one clearly has a bug.

Kacper Suchomski

EESignature

YouTube - Inventor tutorials | WWW | LinkedIn | Instagram

Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

Message 5 of 5

so I just can't use 3D adaptive anymore? that's not really feasible, it's the mainstay roughing strategy in Inventor CAM. I think I'm going to switch software packages at this point, I can't risk crashes from things like this.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report