Did you mean: 

How to install Inventor HSM (CAM)

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
2902 Views, 2 Replies

How to install Inventor HSM (CAM)

Hi

Not a technical question on how to use Inventor I dont actually use this software but I work in IT for a UNI and require to install it for some users

I am upgrading some lab computers that currently have Autodesk Inventor 2017 which has the extra CAM tab in there

Is this called Inventor HSMworks? ( bit unsure )

Anyway We have a free educational site license and I have the following options to download:

I have already downloaded and installed HSM - Ultimate as I thought that would include everything ( inventor, Cam ) but when I launch it, it asks for solidworks then closes

Untitled.png

Any help would be appreciated

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Mark.Lancaster
in reply to: Anonymous

@Anonymous 

HSM offering can be confusing but for Inventor it should state Inventor HSM Ultimate which I dont see in your image.

https://www.autodesk.com/education/free-software/inventor-hsm-ultimate

Mark Lancaster

&  Autodesk Services MarketPlace Provider

Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional & not an Autodesk Employee

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Message 3 of 3
jeff.pek
in reply to: Mark.Lancaster

Hi -

It sounds like you installed HSMWorks, which is our Solidworks plugin, rather than Inventor HSM (or Inventor CAM, starting with 2020). Both downloads should be available under the "HSM - Ultimate" section on the accounts page.

Jeff

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report