Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

default folder transfer

13 REPLIES 13
Message 1 of 14
Anonymous
481 Views, 13 Replies

default folder transfer

Is there any way that yall could reinstate where if i have a setup folder created and i create a new setup folder, that the default folder will transfer to the new folder? 

Thanks,

Frank

13 REPLIES 13
Message 2 of 14
jeff.pek
in reply to: Anonymous

I just tested this in the current (2018) version, and it works as you describe.

Do you have access to the 2018 version?

Jeff

Message 3 of 14
Anonymous
in reply to: jeff.pek

Yes, I am running the latest and greatest.  Beta version as well, but not in beta mode.

Message 4 of 14
jeff.pek

You say you're using Inventor HSM 2017. That's not "latest and greatest". We have 2018 available now.

Jeff

Message 5 of 14
Anonymous

oops Sorry!!!, i havent updated my signature.  yes i am running 2018 the latest and greatest beta version.  I just downloaded it last week (if my serious case of the "mondays" aint effecting me).

I am running 5.2.1.37

2017-07-03-0.PNG

Message 6 of 14
jeff.pek

OK, got it. Thanks. Could you take a screencast of what you're seeing, so I can make sure we're looking at the same thing?

Jeff

Message 7 of 14
Anonymous

sorry for the delay, it wasnt doing it on Monday, but it sure is today. 

2017-07-06_0-default folder issue.PNGHere is a screen cast.  sorry i have 3 monitors and i have my browsers spread out, but you should be able to get a gist of what is going on. 

<iframe width="640" height="590" src="https://screencast.autodesk.com/Embed/Timeline/d871c00e-8e3b-4c40-9405-d1ddd28fae16" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen webkitallowfullscreen></iframe>

Message 8 of 14
jeff.pek

Thanks. It was hard to tell exactly what you did, but it looked like you had just the single setup and first, and then you just created the second one, but it didn't become active?

You said it was working for a while -- any idea what changed?

Thanks,

Jeff

Message 9 of 14
jeff.pek

I think I see this happening. It was odd -- the first time I created a new setup, it switched it to be the default, but if I set the default back to the first setup, and then did it again, the newer setup did not become the default.

This is something that we should at least be able to figure out. I don't know if this is intentional or not.

Jeff

Message 10 of 14
Anonymous

I am guessing that it was the day of the week.  Just like when I was going to school for CATIA, (sorry for the bad word 🙂 ) it would work or do something just fine one day, or on one computer then the next day or next computer it would not work the same.  common phrases coming out of my mouth then was "this is friggen awesome" and before i was done saying awesome it would be like " YOU SUCK CATIA!!!!!!"

Sorry for the rant and scarcasam.

I know this wasnt intentional.  I dont know what had changed.  I did restart my computer a several times in there, so who knows whats going on.

Thank you for looking into this for us all.

Frank

Message 11 of 14
jeff.pek

Hi Frank -

I think what's happening is that there is some logic in there that behaves differently depending on whether or not something is selected (in the browser). If something is selected, then it will not change the default setup. But if nothing is selected (e.g., right after opening), then it will.

This seems wrong to me, but I need to check in with some others for their opinions on this. Assuming we agree, then we'll create a ticket to get this fixed.

Thanks for letting us know about it.

Jeff

Message 12 of 14
jeff.pek

Note that it's a fairly easy workaround: just click in the empty space in the browser before creating the setup. This will clear any selection, and then the default will be set to the new setup. Or, you can select the root node in the browser, which will do the same thing.

Jeff

Message 13 of 14
Anonymous

what needs to be selected?

Message 14 of 14
jeff.pek

I've created ticket CAM-7810 to track this.

Jeff

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report