Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Back chamfering with lollipop?

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
TRIGOLICNC
1083 Views, 6 Replies

Back chamfering with lollipop?

Hi All...Does HSM support flowline milling. My application is deburring internal intersecting holes with a lollipop, sort of back chamfering/contouring that follows the diameter. In Mastercam using "flowline", the system is aware of the contact points of the tool and the feature to be cut. The system adjusts heights & diameter automatically. I was able to do something similar in Fusion with I believe using "trace", but I had to offset diameter and Z depth. It was acting like it wasn't fully aware of the cutter. I'm open to suggestion if there is a better way?.....Thanks in advance!!

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Trace isn't aware of the model so to speak. It just follows a line.

If you model the chamfer

In HSMWorks you would do this with flow. In fusion there will be a new toolpath called blend for these kinds of things, it should be released soon in beta.

Laurens Wijnschenk
3DTechDraw

AutoDesk CAM user & Post editor.
René for Legend.

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: Laurens-3DTechDraw

I have been searching for some time now trying to find a good way to deburr 3D contours in HSMworks but no "Easy" solutions have popped up quite yet. If you don't have too steep of edges you can use trace. However like Laurens stated, the toolpath is unaware and will will begin to gouge the tool deep into the part when it reaches steep sections. I am currently trying to figure out using flow. It seems you have to use a ball or bull nose, since it won't give me any toolpaths with a chamfer tool. Also the toolpath isn't smart enough to keep the direction the same when selecting all of the surfaces of a 3D chamfer. I've got a part with a couple different internal and external 3D contours and it is very time consuming to select each face and flip when necessary. If only flow could be better about direction estimations then I could just select the entire chamfer feature in the tree and it would be easy. 

Here's to hoping for a decent 3D deburr operation...

Message 4 of 7
Laurens-3DTechDraw
in reply to: Anonymous

@Anonymous your selection problem in flow will be solved by the release of the Blend operation.

Laurens Wijnschenk
3DTechDraw

AutoDesk CAM user & Post editor.
René for Legend.

Message 5 of 7
TRIGOLICNC
in reply to: Anonymous

When will blend be released? Is that only in HSM or will that also with in Fusion?

Thanks,

Todd Rigoli
Manufacturing Manager
CR Machine, "Advanced Manufacturing"
13 Alexander Road
Billerica, MA 01821
Ph: 978-663-3989 x225
Fax: 978-670-2610
Email: todd@crmach.com
www.crmach.com
[cid:875354916@08012010-01E5]
Message 6 of 7

When will "blend" be released? Will this only be a feature in HSM or will it also be included in Fusion?

Message 7 of 7
Steinwerks
in reply to: TRIGOLICNC

@TRIGOLICNC

It will be available in all the HSM flavors. It is currently in beta in HSMWorks and Inventor HSM, and will be in Beta in Fusion 360 in the upcoming release, but be aware that it is not ready for production use yet. Hopefully soon.

Neal Stein

New to Fusion 360 CAM? Click here for an introduction to 2D Milling, here for 2D Turning.

Find me on:
Instagram and YouTube

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report