Did you mean: 

2024 INVENTOR CAM UPDATE?

13 REPLIES 13
SOLVED
Message 1 of 14
chris.dicksonWK9BY
1062 Views, 13 Replies

2024 INVENTOR CAM UPDATE?

Is an update in the works for Inventor Cam Ultimate 2024? Been waiting for about 5 months now for a fix on helical interpolation (allow kernel to output 360 deg circles without breaking it up into thousands linear moves). The post can break it up if other people need it that way.

13 REPLIES 13
Message 2 of 14

In a month you will receive V2025 🙂

Kacper Suchomski

EESignature

YouTube - Inventor tutorials | WWW | LinkedIn | Instagram

Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

Message 3 of 14
LastFX
in reply to: kacper.suchomski

@kacper.suchomski 

When will the estimated 2025 version be released?

Thanks.. 

Message 4 of 14

I don't know, I'm not responsible for that.

Kacper Suchomski

EESignature

YouTube - Inventor tutorials | WWW | LinkedIn | Instagram

Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

Message 5 of 14
Rory_M
in reply to: chris.dicksonWK9BY

Is there any official word from Autodesk about when Inventor CAM 2025 will be released?

In fact, has it actually been confirmed that there will be an Inventor CAM 2025? I've seen no discussions about it.

We can't upgrade our Inventor licenses till this is available.

Message 6 of 14
LastFX
in reply to: Rory_M

As far as I know, although it is not a "new feature", the 2025 version will come.

When we look at this page, the main releases have always been released between 12-16 April. Source: " https://cam.autodesk.com/releases/inventor-hsm-releases "

I wonder which bugs have been fixed...

I think Mr. Jeff knows the information about this. @jeff.pek 

Message 7 of 14
chris.dicksonWK9BY
in reply to: LastFX

HOPEFULLY THEY FIXED THE "BACK DRAGGING" BUG IN TURNING AND THE HELICAL 360 INTERPOLATION IN MILLING, AMONG MANY OTHER ISSUES. I ALSO HOPE THEY ADDED MORE TURNING FEATURES AS I.C. IS VERY LIMITED ON IT'S TURNING ABILITIES. VERY LITTLE CONTROL OVER THE TOOL PATH.

Message 8 of 14
FTKnur

Sorry guys, but ADSK hasn't brought in any real new features for years - just as little as real bug fixes. They abandoned the whole "HSM" system with the release of Fusion. All you ever hear is that you should use this one ...

With a bit of luck, one or two bugs will be fixed. But don't get your hopes up!

Message 9 of 14
LastFX
in reply to: FTKnur

I realize that. No new features are being added. But Autodesk needs to know this. Although the Fusion 360 product is much cheaper than the Inventor product, companies insist on staying in Inventor. The reason for this is that Fusion 360 is a Cloud based software. Not every company can accept this. So whatever Autodesk does, many companies will either stay in Inventor or switch to other software.(Nx,SW vs) But this will not be Fusion 360 🙂

Small companies can switch to Fusion 360. But I think big companies will not prefer Fusion 360.

What I don't understand is that Inventor Cam has an annual fee and a lot of money is paid. Why not add features.? It is not possible to understand.

Message 10 of 14

@FTKnur@LastFX I was told by 2 different Cam software reps that Autodesk is trying to phase out Inventor Cam (HSM) and that they want everyone to switch to F360. I thought they were just blowing smoke to convince me to switch to their software. It's sounding more and more like this is turning out to be true. Fusion 360 isn't too bad to work with but, the fact that it's cloud based makes most of my work take 2 to 3 times longer. Especially when it comes to importing large complex ipt and iam files into F360. Another thing I noticed about F360 is it's like a "Pay to win" phone game. In order to use the new (much requested) features, you have to pay for the extensions. Which roughly comes out to what we are already paying for PDMC! So why not make these features available to HSM users who already pay the higher price tag?

Message 11 of 14

HSMWorks is in the same boat

Message 12 of 14
LastFX

You are right my friend... I support what you say... 

By the way, HSM and INVCAM 2025 version has been released. It's working fine for me right now. They fixed many bugs and published the list of these bugs. 

12.0.0.21618 - Inventor Cam 2025. / HSMWorks 2025. 

@lenny_1962 @Rory_M @chris.dicksonWK9BY 

Message 13 of 14
chris.dicksonWK9BY
in reply to: LastFX

@LastFX  Well, I downloaded the 2025 version and they didn't, at the very least, fix either issue. I found a work around for the helical interpolation issue though. Set the "Maximum Circle Radius" in the post to 359.9999 instead of 360. As far as the back dragging issue for turning, it's still there. I have a ticket in for both of these problems. The turning issue ticket is over a year old now.

Message 14 of 14
FTKnur

We have changed our CAM system and now only have a single license for IV+CAM so that we can still use our old data. We just had problems with it and have now changed completely for a year! This was the best step we could have taken.

There are few people in this community who would do much to help improve the program. You see many posts for improvement suggestions and even whole summaries of them have been published. But ADSK doesn't even bother to look at it, let alone say anything about it...

The price for F360 is quite low, that's true. But if I need the machining extension for EVERYTHING new anyway, which costs 1607€ / year ... then I can buy a real high-end cam system for that!

Unfortunately, I don't support ADSK's approach in this respect at all.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report