Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WINCNC Generic

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
288 Views, 2 Replies

WINCNC Generic

I am running a machine with WINCNC on it.  I tweaked it and have it running except.

I am having trouble getting the Rapid Traverse to work.

If I use the Preserve Rapid movement, it leaves the G0 off the command.

If I use the Always Use High Feed, It puts out a G1 command with a Z position and the high feed rate. Then the next line contains

X and Y positions, but they are preceded with a G1 command that negates the rapid feed value.

Allan Steinkuhl

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
bob.schultz
in reply to: Anonymous

Hello Allan,

The generic wincnc post is setup to output G0 with rapid moves when you select "Preserve rapid movement", unless you changed this behavior when you tweaked the post.  For the feed rate numbers, the post is setup to only output the feed rate when it changes, so a rapid move in Z and then in XY will not contain the feed rate on the XY block.  This is fine for most controls.

What is the output that you are looking for, G0 for rapid moves or G1 F(highfeed)?  If you are looking for the highfeed, do you require a feed rate number on each block?

Can you provide a sample of what you need the code to look like?

Bob Schultz
Sr. Post Processor Developer

Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: bob.schultz

This issue is reoccurring.

My G code is back to putting a Feed value on only the Z axis.  I went back and checked my Linking tab and "Preserve Rapid Movement" is selected.

I am running a Generic WINCNC post processor that was modified to run on a Camaster Router. I further modified it to get it to run on my Stinger I.

There is a new Generic WINCNC post processor available.  To check my code I can the most recent post processor (2016), unmodified. It also applied Feed value to only the Z axis.

Allan Steinkuhl

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report