Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Turning - Use Reduced Speed and Feed - parting operation

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
jason23
194 Views, 4 Replies

Turning - Use Reduced Speed and Feed - parting operation

I'm using inventorcam and the option for use reduced speed and feed i see it has a variable (125rpm that you can't change) for the reduced speed.  The post i am currently using for a DMG Mori NLX2500SY only outputs the reduced feed and i'd like it to change the speed as well in the code it posts out.  I'm currently editing my code by hand to drop the speed down so the part drops off nicely into the parts catcher.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
CNC_Lee
in reply to: jason23

@jason23 

If the generic posts are not providing the required output, I offer post processor development services and happy to work out a solution for your machine! Please message me if still needing assistance.

If my post answers your question, please use Accept as Solution.

CNC Lee
Fusion 360 CAM Post Processor Expert
https://linktr.ee/cnclee
Message 3 of 5
bob.schultz

Hello @jason23,

Perchance do you have the Use Constant Surface Speed box checked in the Tool tab?  Inventor does not allow you to use a reduced spindle speed when using SFM spindle speeds.

Bob Schultz
Sr. Post Processor Developer

Message 4 of 5
jason23
in reply to: bob.schultz

Ok, that was it, although it doesn't really solve what i'm trying to do unfortunately.  

I'd like to use constant surface speed up until the last .25" when parting off, then drop the RPM down to 125-250rpms to part off the last little bit and have it drop nicely into the parts catcher instead of flying all over the machine.  I currently hand edit it alot to get it do what i need to do, but would love a simpler solution.

Message 5 of 5
bob.schultz

Try adding the following function to the post and see if the output works for you.  It uses a hardcoded value of 125 RPM for the spindle speed, but this could be made into a property if need be.

function onMovement(movement) {
  switch (movement) {
  case MOVEMENT_REDUCED:
    if (getParameter("operation-strategy") == "turningPart" && tool.getSpindleMode() == SPINDLE_CONSTANT_SURFACE_SPEED) {
      writeBlock(
        gSpindleModeModal.format(getCode("CONSTANT_SURFACE_SPEED_OFF", PART)),
        sOutput.format(125),
        mFormat.format(getCode(tool.clockwise ? "START_SPINDLE_CW" : "START_SPINDLE_CCW", getSpindle(PART)))
      );
    }
    break;
  }
}

Bob Schultz
Sr. Post Processor Developer

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report