Announcements
Due to scheduled maintenance, the Autodesk Community will be inaccessible from 10:00PM PDT on Oct 16th for approximately 1 hour. We appreciate your patience during this time.
Community
HSM Post Processor Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re-order post properties list

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
Don.Cyr
283 Views, 4 Replies

Re-order post properties list

A bit confused about how the post properties are organized, I have them in the post the way I would like to see them in my NC program window, but they are out of place. The post manual lists these as being in groups which I see but they also show "order" with group numbers which my post doesn't have (Haas NGC). can someone explain how to do this? Thanks in advance.

DonCyr_0-1705596937383.pngDonCyr_1-1705596952674.png

Please click "Accept Solution" if I helped with your question or issue.
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Hello, @Don.Cyr .

Short answer: you can specify groups order, but there is no way to specify properties order inside group.

Long answer:

Group order can be specified in group specification like this:

groupDefinitions = {
  looping: {title:"Looping", collapsed:true, order:25}
};

Groups will be sorted by "order" property. And there are several predefined group, that you can use:

standardGroupDefinitions = 
  operation    : {title: "Operation", description: "Operation options", collapsed: true, order: -1}, 
  configuration: {title: "Configuration", description: "Configuration options", collapsed: true, order: 10},
  preferences  : {title: "Preferences", description: "User preferences", collapsed: false, order: 20},
  homePositions: {title: "Safe retracts and home positioning", description: "Settings related to safe retracts and home positioning", collapsed: true, order: 30},
  multiAxis    : {title: "Multi-axis", description: "Multi-axis settings", collapsed: true, order: 40},
  formats      : {title: "Formats", description: "NC code format settings", collapsed: true, order: 50},
  probing      : {title: "Probing and inspection", description: "Probing and inspection settings", collapsed: true, order: 60}
};

In the above example "order" is 25, and group will be inserted between "Preferences" and "Safe retracts and home positioning".

Officially, there is no way to sort post properties inside groups. But internal implementation actually sorts them in alphabetical order of their IDs. So, if you want to change order, you can prefix number before property ID like "_0suppressZHome". But don't rely on this behaviour, as it can be broken.

Viacheslav Shapilov
Developer Technical Services
Autodesk Developer Network

Message 3 of 5
Don.Cyr
in reply to: Don.Cyr

@viacheslav.shapilov Thank you.

Please click "Accept Solution" if I helped with your question or issue.
Message 4 of 5

@viacheslav.shapilov wrote:

Officially, there is no way to sort post properties inside groups. But internal implementation actually sorts them in alphabetical order of their IDs. So, if you want to change order, you can prefix number before property ID like "_0suppressZHome". But don't rely on this behaviour, as it can be broken.

good reason for Autodesk to add the order property for sorting to the post properties as it has been done for the group sorting. Hacking variable names to get them to sort in an orderly fashion for human consumption is so 1900ish. Time to move into the 21st century. And for us compulsive types that have to have them sorted in a certain order to now find out this alphabetical sorting can be broken after spending all this time maintaining our properties in an orderly fashion is rather depressing. Especially if there is no alternative, like a sort property.

Message 5 of 5

Totally agree, that's why I said: "Don't rely on it".
Technically, this sorting is not even intentional. It is just a side effect of internal data storage. Nobody implemented it explicitly.
We can consider to implement mechanism similar to groups sorting. But it is not very convenient when you have a lot of properties anyway.

Viacheslav Shapilov
Developer Technical Services
Autodesk Developer Network

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report