Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Postprocessor for Centroid Lathe?

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
mar10k
1729 Views, 8 Replies

Postprocessor for Centroid Lathe?

Is there a postprocessor for a Centroid Lathe for Fusion 360, or could someone recommend one to use that's close?

(The lathe is a Hardinge CHNC with a Centroid control system.)

Thanks.
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
mar10k
in reply to: mar10k

I've read on Centroid's website that the Fanuc G-code is close, so I guess I'll start there and modify the post.  I've gotten no replies to my original post.  Any comments?
Message 3 of 9
scottmoyse
in reply to: mar10k

I'm not aware of one, but you can contact your local reseller and ask them if they know of one.

Scott Moyse
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Design & Manufacturing Technical Services Manager at Cadpro New Zealand

Co-founder of the Grumpy Sloth full aluminium billet mechanical keyboard project

Message 4 of 9
dheco
in reply to: scottmoyse

I too have Centroid lathe on a Hardinge CHNC4. I used the FANUC as a base and modified it to work with the Hardinge. I have just a little time with it but if fixed most of my issues. You have to avoid using some surface speed options that are not supported on the Centroid but try this one. Any feedback would be appreciated.

Message 5 of 9
cferriola
in reply to: dheco

Here is one I modified and it "appears" to be working. I threw everything I had at it and it posted correctly in Fusion 360.

I have not tested on my lathe yet.

Change the .txt to .cps

Clay

Message 6 of 9
number.619
in reply to: dheco

Can't do drilling. Have to go to centroid controller and use the conversational cam to program drilling operations. Other than that the post works great! I use it everyday.

Message 7 of 9
cferriola
in reply to: number.619

Which processor are you using? The one I posted? If so can you send me the gcode that wouldn't drill?

Message 8 of 9
number.619
in reply to: cferriola

That's the one im using right now. I'm using centroid controller retro fit to a mori seiki sl-20. t-400 model is what im using.

Message 9 of 9
cferriola
in reply to: number.619

Can you post the  g-code that won't drill?

@number.619wrote:

That's the one im using right now. I'm using centroid controller retro fit to a mori seiki sl-20. t-400 model is what im using.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report