Community
HSM Post Processor Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Post Processor for Intelitek proLIGHT 1000 CNC Milling Center - Fanuc?

32 REPLIES 32
Message 1 of 33
Anonymous
19589 Views, 32 Replies

Post Processor for Intelitek proLIGHT 1000 CNC Milling Center - Fanuc?

I'm a highschool student trying to get my school's Intelitek proLIGHT 1000 CNC Milling Centers up and running. They work with the old software that came with them, but they're really out dated and unintuitive, so I'm trying to use HSMXpress to create the tool paths to then send to the machine.

The problem I'm having is with the post processor. None of the post processors that I have tried are compatible with the software that runs the .NC programs for mill. The .NC files are either completely unable to be used in the software, or they try to move the machine into a position it cant go to (one tried to move the X-axis to -37 or something, which is alot futher than the X-axis can travel).

This website has some info on the machine I'm trying to use. http://www.great-lakes-training.com/CNC_Mill_PLM1000.html

The site says "It features an intuitive Windows 95 software interface and conform to industrial EIA, ISO, Fanuc, G and M code standards." but I've tried all the Fanuc post processors that come with HSMXpress with no success.

Any suggestions of what I should do? Your help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
32 REPLIES 32
Message 2 of 33
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

If you could post a sample program we can most likley get a post for you.
Message 3 of 33
Anonymous

For a sample program, would one of the programs that came with the software as part of a tutorial work?
Message 4 of 33
keith.clausen

Max Meaker wrote:

For a sample program, would one of the programs that came with the software as part of a tutorial work?

Possibly.
Keith Clausen
Gcode In Motion

SolidWorks 2021
HSMWorks 2022
Fusion360 - Manufacturing Extensions
Message 5 of 33
Anonymous

Max, I used to program one of those but don't have a sample file. They are very Fanuc compatible. It might be failing on the generic fanuc.cps simply because stagetool is active.

When you say you tried the post with no luck, can you be more speciic? What line number did it fail on? Was there an error code?

Start with something simple like a square with corners radius'd and just one finish pass. Get that working and then branch out from there. If you Google ProLight 1000 G code you will likely find all the technical info you need to kniw the machine format.
Message 6 of 33
Anonymous

Here's a sample program that came with the machine's software. It's supposed to mill a superman logo.

Specifically what I was trying to have the machine do is face a 2" by 3" by 1.5" wax block. After post processing the tool path for that, when I loaded the program and tried to run it, it either says something along the lines of "Unrecognizable format" or it would simply say "waiting for spindle to start" and nothing would happen. (I dont remember specifically which post processor I selected that caused which result, but I can check again if needed).

Just so I'm clear, assuming I get a post processor to work with this machine, will it always work regardless to what kind of tool paths im creating? (2d pockets, facing, drilling, contouring, etc) I dont know a whole lot about CNC machining and post processors and what not, but I'm learning 🙂

Thanks so much for the help.

Message 7 of 33
XanderLuciano

Hello there,
Our highschool also has an Intelitek CNC router and we encountered a similar error. After talking to some guys in HSMworks we managed to solve the issue. If you want to get technical the error was caused by this part of the post:

N10 G90 G94 G17 G49
N15 G20
N20 G28 G91 Z0.
N25 G90
(2D ADAPTIVE1)
N30 M09
N35 T2 M06
(2 FLUTE FLAT ENDMILL)
N40 S5000 M03
N45 G54
N50 M08

From what I have found through a few edits was deleting this section was an easy fix. The second line, G28 is return to machine zero. However the way most schools "zero" the Intelitek involves a psuedo way in which G00 and similar codes read normally, however when trying to return to zero on the machine it returns to wherever the machine's home truly is which is usually the minimal value on each axis. In your case is -37 inches or millimeters away from ur psuedo home position. This is just from what I have seen with ours, may differ.

There were two G28's at the end of the post that would cause this same issue when the machining was finished. I removed that as all for you.

However if this is too technical, all I did edit the post for the techno router for Intelitek's. Basically all it does is remove that part of the code. Using this modified post will allow you to go straight from HSMworks/Xpress to your machine.

INSTRUCTIONS FOR INSTALLING POST:
1)logon to computer with write access to C:/ drive(most computers limit this for students)
2)Navigate to either:
   C:\Program Files\HSMWorks\posts (hsmworks 64 bit version on 64 bit computer and 32 bit version on 32 bit computers)
   C:\Program Files\HSMXpress\posts (hsmxpress 64 bit version on 64 bit computer and 32 bit version on 32 bit computer)
   C:\Program Files\HSMWorks(x86)\posts (hsmxpress 32 bit version on 64 bit computer, you should update to 64 bit)
   C:\Program Files\HSMXpress(x86)\posts (hsmxpress 32 bit version on 64 bit computer, you should update to 64 bit)
3)Save the attached file(Intelitek.cps) to the appropriate directory
4)Restart HSMworks(sometimes the post wont updated unless you browse to the location again or restart HSMworks.)
5)From the dropdown menu choose Intelitek.cps - Intelitek
6)Post code and transfer to machine

If you are still having issues with the machine edit the post on line 189 and change
  return; //MAY CAUSE ERRORS, if so COMMENT OUT or delete.

to
  //return; //MAY CAUSE ERRORS, if so COMMENT OUT or delete.

This should fix any final errors you may come across. If not, reply with a detailed explanation of the error and I'll try my best to help.

Have a nice day 🙂
-Xander
Message 8 of 33
Anonymous

I'll try that out first thing on monday ;D. Thank you so much for the help. I'll let you how it goes.
Message 9 of 33
XanderLuciano

No problem, that's what the forum is for. If that post does happen to give you errors when I get back to my lab ill grab a copy of the post and upload it for you. I don't think its any different than the one I just edited. Hope it works!
Message 10 of 33
fonsecr

I think that the RS274 post included with the installation might be closer than the Fanuc post for some Intelitek machines.

If any of you have a G-code/M-code list you can send it to posts@hsmworks.com. I could not find one myself. Then I can check if a separate generic Intelitek post should be included also.

René Fonseca
Software Architect

Message 11 of 33
Anonymous

Xander Luciano wrote:

No problem, that's what the forum is for. If that post does happen to give you errors when I get back to my lab ill grab a copy of the post and upload it for you. I don't think its any different than the one I just edited. Hope it works!

Your post worked great! The only remaining problem I have is the program didnt control the actual machine spindle. For example, when I ran a facing operation, the platform moved as it was supposed to, but the spindle wasnt on. I suspect this is a different issue, I'll have to talk to another student who has used the machine before, and worst case I can always just manually set the spindle speed and then run the program.

Thanks for all your help!
Message 12 of 33
fonsecr

I just checked the provided Intelitek post and all setup like tool change, spindle and coolant control has been effectively turned off.

Do you happen to have a G-code/M-code list available for the control?

René Fonseca
Software Architect

Message 13 of 33
Anonymous

René Fonseca wrote:

I just checked the provided Intelitek post and all setup like tool change, spindle and coolant control has been effectively turned off.

Do you happen to have a G-code/M-code list available for the control?

Not that I am aware of, would that be somehow included as part of any of the controll software? I'll start looking around.
Message 14 of 33
fonsecr

It is normally listed in the "programming manual" but maybe you do not have such a manual. Maybe it is part of the operators manual or similar.

René Fonseca
Software Architect

Message 15 of 33
Anonymous

René Fonseca wrote:

It is normally listed in the "programming manual" but maybe you do not have such a manual. Maybe it is part of the operators manual or similar.

I think I found what you're refering to. http://www.great-lakes-training.com/documents/users_guides/ProLight1000.pdf There's a copy of the User's Manual that I have. Towards the end there is a section titled "G Codes By Group" and "M Codes By Group". Is that what you need?
Message 16 of 33
fonsecr

Yes, it is.

I´ll make a post as soon as possible.

René Fonseca
Software Architect

Message 17 of 33
Anonymous

Thanks, I really appreciate it.
Message 18 of 33
XanderLuciano

Max Meaker wrote:

Xander Luciano wrote:

Your post worked great! The only remaining problem I have is the program didnt control the actual machine spindle. For example, when I ran a facing operation, the platform moved as it was supposed to, but the spindle wasnt on. I suspect this is a different issue, I'll have to talk to another student who has used the machine before, and worst case I can always just manually set the spindle speed and then run the program.

Thanks for all your help!

Glad it worked! And oh yes i totally forget about that so sorry! Our machine we use a manual spindle speed override so it didn't affect my code, if you need it just add M03 to the first line and it will start the spindle for ya 🙂 (time to start reading up on those G and M code books haha! Sometimes it helps to know how to manually edit the posts so they run properly. I can update the post for you with that fix if ya'd like
Message 19 of 33
XanderLuciano

Well it was easy enough to add in to the post. Just note that this will ALWAYS run clockwise no matter what is specified in software. Hope this works perfectly for you this time. Enjoy! 😄

Just out of question is there anyplace for me to see the full documentation on HSMworks pp codes? This stuff isn't too hard to do and might as well put some free time to good use here!

EDIT: Also if u look at page 154 of the manual you will see that G28 function is the reason it was causing errors.(My previous post explains it a bit better though).
Message 20 of 33
Anonymous

You should have "Post processor manual" in Menu Start > Programs > HSMXpress.

There is a lot of stuff You need:)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report