Did you mean: 

Post Processing for EZTRAK - failed

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
stephen.hayne
544 Views, 4 Replies

Post Processing for EZTRAK - failed

Hi,

I'm trying to help a friend get a Bridgeport mill with EZTRAK to work with Fusion 360.  I've opened two tutorial models (Tutorial1_Complete and CAM Mania_Complete) - the simulation works nicely.

But, when I attempt to post process using the "eztrak conversional.cps - Generic EZ-Trak Conversional" post configuration, no matter what I do, I get a file that is called "xxx.pgm.failed" (where xxx is the file number I gave it).  And, within the file, at the end, the last line says (both files from the sample parts attached here):

"!Error: Failed to post data."

Can anyone advise what I need to look at or change?  I'm very new to this, but have watched all the intro videos...

If I can demonstrate that these example parts will actually work on this machine, it will be a big win!

Thank you,
Stephen
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Can you export the f3d file and attach please.

Mark

Mark Hughes
Owner, Hughes Tooling
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 5

Certainly - here they are.  Note that these designs/models are the ones that are under the "Tutorials" folder in the "CAM Samples" in Fusion 360.  I've made no changes to them.  Just trying to follow along and get the mill to make these parts.

Stephen
Message 4 of 5

It looks like it's failing because of the tapping. Looking at the post it only supports drill, is the EZTrak you have 2 axis or 3 and does it support tapping. If it's 2 axis just change to last op to a drill.

Mark.

Mark Hughes
Owner, Hughes Tooling
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 5 of 5

Oh darn.  I should have noticed that!  Dang it.  Once I removed the taps, both files wrote just fine.

I will give these files a try tomorrow - I'm the computer guy, not the machinist.  🙂

Stephen

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report