onLinear5D output configuration

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
662 Views, 6 Replies

onLinear5D output configuration

Hi there,

I need some help regarding the a-Axis and c-Axis Output Format. Within the standard configuration of every sample post,

the output angle of the a and c axis of the onLinear5D function is absolut (e.g. a = 270 DEG, a= 265, a= 250 DEG, etc.).

However, I Need the absolute Position only for the startposition (onrapid5D) and afterwards the increment angle

of every movement of the axises (eg. aI = -5 DEG, aI = -15DEG etc.). Is there a Chance to get this done with JavaScript?

thanks, Michael

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
AchimN
in reply to: Anonymous

You can do this with the output variable, eg:

aOutput = createIncrementalVariable({prefix:"A"}, abcFormat);

Achim.N
Principal Technology Consultant
Message 3 of 7
Laurens-3DTechDraw
in reply to: AchimN

@Anonymous

I should mention that @AchimN gave an exact answer to your question.

But it's quite possible that onRapid5D is called after the initial positioning.

So does the very first value only need to be absolute, or does the feed(G1) need to be in incremental?

Laurens Wijnschenk
3DTechDraw

AutoDesk CAM user & Post editor.
René for Legend.

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: Laurens-3DTechDraw

Hi @Laurens-3DTechDraw,

I´m glad that you replied to my posting. That´s exactly the Problem I´m confronted with. Usually, the movement starts with "onRapid5D" where it is ok and needed that the output of the initial postition ist an absolute value. But every latter move should be an incremental move, also if OnLinear5D follows, which means that e.g.

Programm start

N10 G0 X10 Y100 Z10 C=270 B=-45 //OnRapid5D - absolute

N20 G0 X10 Y100 Z0 CI=-20 BI=0// incremental

N30 G1 X15 Y100 Z-5 CI=-5 BI=-1//OnLinear5D - incremental

The Problem i have actually, that the initial Output of the function "onLinear5D" is an absolute value although I configured the aiOutput as a separate variable as @AchimN described; and I have no Idea what the Problem is.

I would appreciate if you could help me

Kind regards,

Michael

Message 5 of 7
Laurens-3DTechDraw

Can you upload your current post?

Laurens Wijnschenk
3DTechDraw

AutoDesk CAM user & Post editor.
René for Legend.

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: Laurens-3DTechDraw

Hi @Laurens-3DTechDraw,

attached please find two test-pp-files which I use for test purposes. The machine is a Biesse Rover B, the post creates a file for nc-hops. 3-Axis milling works perfectly, now I try to configure 5-Axis movements... However, I do have just one sample file which has incremental values, but I´m afraid thats not the end of the Story, none of These two Posts creates correct movements so far...

Thanks for your help!

cheers, michael

Message 7 of 7
Anonymous

Hi there @Laurens-3DTechDraw and @AchimN,

I just wanted to reply that I´ve solved the problems. As you might know, posts for woodworking machines are a little bit tricky. The post I configured creates an NC hops-File, Nc Hops is a shop floor programming system which is very common in Austria and Germany. This was necessary because program start and vacuum block positioning is done in this program; it´s rather difficult to run a .cnc g-Code file directly on the machine... Furthermore, Biesse has some funny functions like G81 for activation of roto translation (G81 is usually a spot drilling cycle...) which is needed for correct interpretation of the B and C Axes. Well, the post I configured works with Nc-Hops and a Biesse Rover B - all linear and circular and now also the 5-Axis movements are configured (I´ve not configured drilling operations by now, no use for that 😉 ). If anyone is interested in this post I would upload it - use it at your own risk of course. Thanks again for your help, rgds Michael

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report