Announcements
Due to scheduled maintenance, the Autodesk Community will be inaccessible from 10:00PM PDT on Oct 16th for approximately 1 hour. We appreciate your patience during this time.
Community
HSM Post Processor Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Needed: Post for Biesse Rover C6

12 REPLIES 12
Message 1 of 13
Anonymous
3814 Views, 12 Replies

Needed: Post for Biesse Rover C6

Hi there,

Fairly new to the game but learning fast... I'm in my final year of furniture design at RMIT University in Melbourne. Our workshop has a Biesse Rover C6 (5-axis) but no post processor for HSMWorks or Fusion 360. The machine was set up in May 2009, and the BiesseWorks version we run is 3.4.8.566.

I'm working with the faculty member who looks after our machine to gather whatever reference material & working code I can... I do have a working post for our machine and AlphaCAM, but I don't have access to AlphaCAM itself - attached if that helps.

Does anyone have a post for this machine (or a similar Biesse) that we can try out?

Any assistance is greatly appreciated - thanks in advance 🙂

Matty
12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13
hai.cao
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi Matty,

Attached is a biesse post processor for HSMWorks.  Please test carefully, please check the generate nc code is as desired and let us know the results.  If further post processor post edit is needed please send request to cam.post@autodesk.com
Message 3 of 13
Anonymous

Thank you kindly! Will hopefully get a chance to test it out today.
Message 4 of 13
Anonymous

Thanks again - I've had the opportunity to generate some code and run it through the machine successfully, with good results after a few tweaks and getting familiar with it. I've been able to generate useful code from both Solidworks/HSMWorks and Fusion 360 using the same PP.

I encountered a few issues... I suspect they stem from a lack of understanding on my part at this stage.

Notes for reference:

By default it appears the machining operations assume I am milling steel, and the spindle RPM/work speeds are set accordingly - since I am actually machining timber, this generates some warnings and optimization errors in the Biesse software. The best resolution I've found is to set them all to zero while creating the tool path in HSMW/Fusion, which allows the Biesse program to use it's optimal/default values.

Using an adaptive clearing strategy generates (potentially) hundreds of separate geometries rather than a single path when imported into BiesseWorks... this would then require programming a milling operation for each individually. Tedious at best. I have achieved a good result (see below) using a parallel strategy, which creates a single geometry and can be easily programmed/adjusted. If anyone has pointers on this, that'd be great 🙂

Cut this today as proof-of-concept for my current project, which essentially involves milling a large sand dune shape from solid timber (Tasmanian Blackwood)... should give a nice result once I have it dialed in right.
Message 5 of 13
Anonymous

Hello bloodplum,

Do you have some G code manuals of this machine in PDF?

Thanks,
Message 6 of 13
Anonymous

bloodplum,

as per today, the one and only postprocessor that works "well" with HSM/Fusion is the 2013 version cps file, you're surely dealing with ISO files.

Therefore, it is better to handle those file as they're ment to... -> load them with the old "legacy" biesse interface, completely bypassing the infamous BiesseWorks software.

And yes, it is only possible to do that on the embedded windows machine, attached to the cnc model.

Here comes the CIX posts.

Yet other users had noticed that this is somehow between a good and bad idea to deal with CIX outputs. BiesseWorks software is once again involved in the bad processing/handling of highly populated/fragmented CAM operations, spitted out from Autodesk's HSM/Fusion software (to say better: from ANY CAM software)

Final words:

bad luck, no magic solutions here today.

I feel good to say Autodesk has no power to fix this. Biesse should had improved many years ago his software, which is clearly AGED, based on a slow-interpreted meta language AND, most important, unable to handle operations-rich files (even with their native file format)

Message 7 of 13
matty.fuller

Hi c3kkos, you'll notice this thread is 3 years old, in which time I have (with help from other users) developed a fully working ISO post for our machines. It wasn't magic, but it sure is nice unlocking the full potential of the machine.

(bloodplum is my old account)

Message 8 of 13
Anonymous
in reply to: matty.fuller

So nice! Thank you so much! I'd love to try it out if you attach it here!
Message 9 of 13
matty.fuller

I'm unable to share this post, sorry, to protect the IP of a collaborator / my employer.

It is frustrating that Biesse is not more cooperative with the HSM community, I presume because they prefer to promote bSolid and their other products. They would be quite capable of providing functional posts for their machines if they chose to branch out a bit more.
Message 10 of 13
Anonymous

Yes, i understand your position but not your point

This post will only work with aged machines as the new ones already comes with bSolid support. No one gets damaged, only few will be using this.

Since there was no reason to write that reply attaching none to it, i already knew you wouldnt share it to the community.

Yet, u'd be better not share this information without having the will to not posting it. 

to say better, this could have been far better as a private message.

No point sayin u got Mars Rocket not allowing any to use. Are you trying to sell it? -_-

Kudos.

Message 11 of 13
matty.fuller

It isn't news that there are working posts for Biesse machines, they are just not freely available. For me in this case it is a matter of professionalism and showing respect for those who have independently invested in creating them. I am otherwise very much in support of sharing of knowledge/technology, and I promise you are not alone in your frustration.
Message 12 of 13
Anonymous

I'm starting my quest in modifying the "2013" Generic Biesse post, as its output is not usable for my 2009 Rover CNC.

It's not an easy road to run on, mainly due to lack of documentation.

I'm able to check Biesseworks-generated ISOs, they are useful resources to reverse engineer the code. 

Biesse ISO code is full of customizations.

It took me 1 month googling to finally find a deep-forum-thread-buried  ancient PDF from Biesse that -at least- explains some of the obscure ISO codes, i will share this doc here, hoping someone joins this new adventure and/or make useful use out of it.

Message 13 of 13
davidkoza786

hello, I am looking for a postprocessor for a biesse rover c6.5 5 axle 2007 machine
the machine is based on biesseworks
to the fusion 360 program
version 3.4.27.3308

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report