Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help Modifying Siemens 810D lathe post

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
aaron
769 Views, 6 Replies

Need help Modifying Siemens 810D lathe post

I need to modify my post to work with our older lathes.
Currently on calling a tool the post outputs tool number plus offset number IE- T1010
Our lathes require a tool call with just a 2 digit tool number followed by a M code for the Turret position which is M50 plus the turret position number IE- M51 for turret position 1.
So the code I am looking to output say for tool 1 in pocket 1 is T01 M51 instead of T1010
I have attached my currant post and know its line 474 I need to change but I have't been able to get the tool number down to 2 digits and I don't know where to start to put the M code in or how to get the turret number.
Thanks
Aaron
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Marek_Skotak
in reply to: aaron

Hi,

try this.

var toolFormat = createFormat({decimals:0, width:2, zeropad:true});

//Marek

writeBlock("T" + toolFormat.format(tool.number), "M5" + (compensationOffset));

Postprocessor writer, CNC trainer, .NET programmer, www.cadcam-softcz.cz
Message 3 of 7
aaron

cam.software wrote:

Hi,

try this.

var toolFormat = createFormat({decimals:0, width:2, zeropad:true});

//Marek

writeBlock("T" + toolFormat.format(tool.number), "M5" + (compensationOffset));

Thanks very much that worked great except it brings the compensation offset into the M code rather than the turret position
I'll have a play and see if I can get the turret position through
Aaron
Message 4 of 7
aaron

Can't seem to bring turret position through, I have just done a quick search in all the turning posts and can't find any variables containing turret.
But if I put the turret position number in Compensation offset box the above code works fine, which is good enough for me at this stage.
Note in our Siemens controllers the tool compensation is contained within the tool table in the controller as does not need to be called in the program.
Message 5 of 7
AchimN

You can get the turret number specified into CAM by using "tool.turret".
You can also see this by post something using the dump.cps, there you can see all variables available.

Achim.N
Principal Technology Consultant
Message 6 of 7
aaron

Thankyou Achim
Tool call line is now writeBlock("T" + toolFormat.format(tool.number), "M5" + (tool.turret));
which works perfecly 🙂
Message 7 of 7
AchimN

Cool, thanks for your feedback  😉

Achim.N
Principal Technology Consultant

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report