Community
HSM Post Processor Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue when tool is tilted on a 4 axis router (B axis on the head)

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
guillaumeadam
306 Views, 2 Replies

Issue when tool is tilted on a 4 axis router (B axis on the head)

Hello,

I am quite new to the CNC world. 

I have a 4 axis CNC router (4th axis is on the head rotating on Y) with a Syntec 21MA. I am working on a project where I need to tilt the axis (by changing tool orientation). I am working on one single setup and multiple toolpaths.

The issue I have is that the toolpaths don't coincide on the same model when the tool is tilted. 

S

ee the video for a better understanding.

I am guessing that my post processor is not correct. Maybe it’s not setting the correct offset when the tool is tilted?

I really don’t know how to solve this. 

Anyone can help me ?

Thank you

Labels (3)
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
KrupalVala
in reply to: guillaumeadam

Hi @guillaumeadam ,

Could you please share the  Project, post and machine configuration(Kinematics & rtpc support codes)?

Thanks,

Krupal Vala
Senior Technology Consultant - Post Processor & Machine Simulation
Message 3 of 3

First you need to check if your Syntec 21MA supports G68.2 (the brochure says it could come with it, but it's "optional" so it might not come activated from factory. It doesn't support TCP, according to Syntec's brochure.

Now you have to check if your machine configuration and post matches your machine capabilities: TCP off and G68.2 (useMultiAxisFeatures in post) is enabled or disabled according to your controller's capabilities. If you can't use G68.2, you will need to modify the post to use currentSection.optimize3DPositionsByMachine (see Page 4-117 of the Post Processor Guide and this forum post). If TCP is off, you will need to also add the tool length in the post (compensateToolLength).

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report