Community
HSM Post Processor Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible for the post-processor to create the output file name, of to modify the default in

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
bernard5BABD
281 Views, 3 Replies

Is it possible for the post-processor to create the output file name, of to modify the default in

@serge.quiblier 
I would like to build the filename from the document-path + job-description, to make it unique without having the user having to think about it. I see the sub-programs names being constructed in the post-processor, but not the main program. Would this be possible? (I could use a property to leave the user free to decide)

If NOT possible, is there a way to basically do the same thing to build a default program name inside the post-processing dialog? I have seen that file name is the result of a function/variable "nc_program_name". Is there a variable like "nc_document_path", for example, that I could use instead, as default?

Bernard Grosperrin, Retired, Maker, and Autodesk Certified Instructor
Blog : Le Bear CNC | Forum : Le Bear CNC Forum | Addin : Airfoil Sketch from file
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Hello @bernard5BABD 

In order to get answer from anybody, don't tag a specific person in a first post, please.

The post can't have an influence in the name of the file at start.

The name is given in the NC dialog form, using by default an expression that is using the program name as the filename.

Another value can be entered by the user in the edit box in the form.

I don't know all the varaible that can be used for the expression.

In the post side of thing, an intermediate file is created in a temp folder, then the post engine is called passing the post name, the path to the intermediate file, and the path for the output file.

This is what we can grab by the getOutputPath function in the post.

But there is NO setOutputPath or similar function.

You can eventually get some inspiration, from the onTerminate function, implemented in the Universal Robot post.

The output file is moved/renamed based on the required ouput. (this controller support 2 formats with different file extension.)

Regards

If my post answers your question, please click the "Accept Solution" button. This helps everyone find answers more quickly!

Serge.Q
Technical Consultant
cam.autodesk.com
Message 3 of 4

Thank you for a detailed answer, and sorry about tagging you, did not know I should not do that.
Best regards,

Bernard

Bernard Grosperrin, Retired, Maker, and Autodesk Certified Instructor
Blog : Le Bear CNC | Forum : Le Bear CNC Forum | Addin : Airfoil Sketch from file
Message 4 of 4

when you tag somebody, on the first message of a thread, others people who may have an answer or information doesn't feel like sharing this information. (it may be seen as intrusive)

If you don't tag, anybody can feel free to provide advices, answers ....

It is safe to tag in the middle of the thread, if severals people are involved in the discussion, to direct the answer to somebody.

Have a nice day

Serge.Q
Technical Consultant
cam.autodesk.com

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report