Announcements
Due to scheduled maintenance, the Autodesk Community will be inaccessible from 10:00PM PDT on Oct 16th for approximately 1 hour. We appreciate your patience during this time.
Community
HSM Post Processor Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Interactive post-processor ?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
bernard5BABD
250 Views, 3 Replies

Interactive post-processor ?

It looks like in the past (something like 5 years ?) an "interactive.cps" existed, to show how you could create a post-processor based on the user's answers to questions.

Obviously, a lot of things have changed since then, but I believe this could still be useful to see how properties are used in this context.

Do you still have that somewhere at Autodesk, in the back of one of your drawers? 🙂

thanks, and best regards,

Bernard

Bernard Grosperrin, Retired, Maker, and Autodesk Certified Instructor
Blog : Le Bear CNC | Forum : Le Bear CNC Forum | Addin : Airfoil Sketch from file
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Hi Bernard

This sounds like quite an interesting request, and while I have not been in the business long enough to have seen the interactive post processor, I have had some experience writing post processors for unique machines.

What sort of input would you require of the user, and what CNC machines would you be running with the outputted code?

Michael

Message 3 of 4

Thanks for your answer. I mostly wanted to see what that "interactive.cps" looked like. I know how to write/modify a post-processor ( I mean, I have done that already, but "I know" may not really apply here 😉 ). The next goal is to write/modify for Fanuc-controlled lathes.

Blog : Le Bear CNC | Forum : Le Bear CNC Forum | Addin : Airfoil Sketch from file
Message 4 of 4

In fact, I believe I have now found my answer: About Post Processor User Interfaces | Autodesk HSM | Autodesk Knowledge Network

Looks like it was the ability to start a separate process (Html page) to ask questions to the user. Now that the ability to create features is more evolved than it was in 2014, it does not seem necessary anymore. Though I wonder if the ability to start an external process and wait for its result is still available.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report