Haas UMC-750 - Next gen

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
1349 Views, 6 Replies

Haas UMC-750 - Next gen

Hello everyone,

Just a quick question, a brand new toy has been delivered yesterday, a UMC-750SS with the next gen control.

I'm wondering which post is most suitable, the UMC-750 or the Haas Next Gen post?

The old haas control isn't really an issue for me, are there specific things i should know about posting to the Next Gen control?

Kind regards,

Peter Keizer.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Peter, you should use the UMC post. The next gen post is for 3 axis machines with the new control.

There will be a few differences, though:

1. Variables start at #10000, so I believe that parametric feed variable addresses will need to be updated in your post.
  2. There's no more 16384 degree rotation limit!
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous

Thanks for your reply! 

The umc post works great so far! 

Good that you mention about the variables, I have some macro's that need some updating now. 

The next gen control looks nice so far, but it feels like I have much less control over the machine. I can't seem to see all the parameters like in the old control. 

Thanks again. 

Peter Keizer 

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous

Re accessing parameters:

Now, even distributor employees can't access them! Only Haas themselves can unlock parameters. A few things got moved around, as well, so some of those parameters are now settings and some settings are now missing, as they're hidden parameters. I'm personally very unhappy with most of their UI changes as well. The number of keystrokes to get to probing has gone way up, and despite a far faster processor the UI feels less responsive since it's drawing so many more graphical elements every time you change screens.

Just give me back the old VQC and I'll be happy!

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous

Hi Christopher,

I agree almost completely, but must say that I'm very pleased with the mrzp (got that right, right?) the offset translation and tcpc.

I've made a macro before on an older control to translate offsets, but on the umc750, together with the calibration cycle is just great.

But..... I miss the control over my parameters, and i also miss my VQC, especially the x+y center z top cycle to set all 3 axis in center of a part.

I guess I'll make my own macro's (and get code) soon to minimize the keystrokes. I'll post the here for you.

Also I have a macro somewhere that measures the tool length of the current tool, just one g code. Very vast for setting up.

But reference documentation is missing, the umc750 addendum is from 2015 and still for the classic control, had to find out myself where to put the values for the pivot points.

Regards,

Peter
Message 6 of 7
Laurens-3DTechDraw

@Anonymous

Are the pivot points not checked by Haas when they deliver the machine?

You have to set them yourself?

Laurens Wijnschenk
3DTechDraw

AutoDesk CAM user & Post editor.
René for Legend.

Message 7 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: Laurens-3DTechDraw

Hi Laurens,

Yes, they've been setup by the host during installation. But I had to reset
them because we also use a tool presetter.

To maintain the same tool offsets on all machines I did the calibration
again. And I also just wanted to know how it works. Haha.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report