Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fanuc Fixture Offset Post Modification Request

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
595 Views, 3 Replies

Fanuc Fixture Offset Post Modification Request

Hi, I've been able to edit the generic Fanuc post to my liking in most ways, so far, but I need a little help with adjusting where and when the fixture offset appears in the program. This is for the Fanuc OMD (~2001), which seems pretty quirky (eg, "M06 T1;" works but "T1 M06;" doesn't).

Problems:
1. my post, in single offset programs, only outputs "G54 G90" for the first tool. I need it to specify that for each tool.
2. I need the "G54 G90" to occur in the line with the first rapid movement, example below:

M06 T1
S6000 M03
M08
G00 G54 G90 X4. Y-2.3
etc

I'm not a very experienced g code user, so I'm not sure why G00 G54 G90 works but the code generated by the generic fanuc post doesn't. By just intuition, I would think that having G54 on one line, G90 on the next, and then the G00 movements should work fine- not sure why it doesn't actually do that in practice.

I'd like to make it as simple as possible, and also work when I use two or three offsets, so whatever ideas you have would be appreciated. If you feel like telling me how you modified the post, that might help me down the road as well. Thanks.

Attached (hopefully) is my modified version of fanuc.cps to modify.
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
AchimN
in reply to: Anonymous

Try the one attached please.

Achim.N
Principal Technology Consultant
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous

I just tried it and it works perfectly! Thank you very much, Achim.
Message 4 of 4
AchimN

Np, thanks for your feedback  😉

Achim.N
Principal Technology Consultant

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report