Did you mean: 

Editing CPS files

18 REPLIES 18
Message 1 of 19
17asleep
5731 Views, 18 Replies

Editing CPS files

Hello all,
I am using the generic acramatic .cps file for and I have to edit every post for certain things. I have tried to edit the cps file, but I can't save it to the folder with all the others. Are users locked out of doing this? Can someone with access to these files edit for me? does anyone have a working .cps file for Acramatic 850sx controller? HELP ME! I have a monstrous head cold and I need something to make my day a little bit better.

18 REPLIES 18
Message 2 of 19
bobvdd
in reply to: 17asleep

What happens if you use the SAVE AS command in the post editor and save it to C:\Users\<your login name>\AppData\Roaming\Inventor HSM\posts

Bob

Bob Van der Donck

Principal UX designer DMG group
Message 3 of 19
17asleep

I don't have that file location in my system. I am using hsmxpress for solidworks.
MY posts folder is c:\Program Files\hmsworks\posts. If I try to save there, the file shows up with a lock symbol over it and doesn't appear at all when I browse to the folder location.
Message 4 of 19
17asleep

Here is a list of things that either just irk me, or don't work with my controller.

I need the m26 removed from before and after every tool change.
I need the g98 removed from drill cycles because on my machine g98 is machine coordinates instead of whatever this post thinks it is. this makes the machine to make a dash for the machine coordinate instead of the work offset coordinate. Potentially disastrous.
I need the m30 removed from the end of the program because on my machine m30 isn't rewind, it's End of Segment, and it wants to do strange things that I don't want it to do. I'm not even sure if I have a rewind on this controller.
I would like the comment character to be changed to ( at beginning and ) at end instead of ; at the beginning.
I need the z value in drill cycles to be negative instead of positive.
Message 5 of 19

So you see no files in the post folder?
If you right click the post file in the Explorer and press properties and here unselect lock or locked l(not exactly sure what it is named) you can edit it. Which indeed should also work if you did save as in the configuration.

Laurens Wijnschenk
3DTechDraw

AutoDesk CAM user & Post editor.
René for Legend.

Message 6 of 19
17asleep

Yes, I do see files in the post folder. The problem is, I don't see the one I just saved to there.
Message 7 of 19

Try again should work
😉

Laurens Wijnschenk
3DTechDraw

René for Legend.

Message 8 of 19
17asleep

tried many times. never worked. What i figured out DOES work is, I can save to a different location and drag and drop to posts folder. Now my problem is, it would seem I'm not the programmer that I thought I was, and my new, modified post wont work. Soooooo...if anyone can help me out with the changes I listed, that would be great.
Message 9 of 19

17asleep,
I'll try it for you.
To make my life easy, can you upload the post( the working one), part file and an produced NC-file you edited to the way you want it to be.
Behind edited line please write // and than what you changed.
(or just upload an on edited NC-file as well, might be easier for you)

Laurens Wijnschenk
3DTechDraw

René for Legend.

Message 10 of 19
17asleep

Attached is a small chunk of a program with all the edits that I want, and the post. Thanks a bunch for your efforts.
Message 11 of 19

Are you sure you don't want your machine to retract at all?
I left the M26 when the program is done, you can probably see how I stopped to others so if you want that out you can probably do it yourself.

Didn't change anything to the cycles. But going to bed now. It's late enough already.

Laurens Wijnschenk
3DTechDraw

René for Legend.

Message 12 of 19
17asleep

Laurens-3DTechDraw wrote:

Are you sure you don't want your machine to retract at all?
I left the M26 when the program is done, you can probably see how I stopped to others so if you want that out you can probably do it yourself.

Didn't change anything to the cycles. But going to bed now. It's late enough already.

The machine retracts automatically when it does a tool change. the M26 just makes it do it three times instead of once. Can the cycles be edited too? I was able to make the changes that you had made myself, it's on the cycles that I ran into a brick wall.
Message 13 of 19

So you need the depth for the Z value?
Look at line 528 of this post, I explained there what you would want to try.
I cannot try for you since I don't have the part.

Laurens Wijnschenk
3DTechDraw

René for Legend.

Message 14 of 19
17asleep

Laurens-3DTechDraw wrote:

So you need the depth for the Z value?
Look at line 528 of this post, I explained there what you would want to try.
I cannot try for you since I don't have the part.

G99 and G98 are both things that I absolutely do not want to have happen. G99 is position reset and g98 switches to machine coordinates.
Message 15 of 19

Ah, that's the problem.
Your controller is quite a bit different than from most.

Laurens Wijnschenk
3DTechDraw

René for Legend.

Message 16 of 19
17asleep

yes it is and its driving me up a wall.
Message 17 of 19
Anonymous

Did you guys ever get this post to work? I also just acquired an acramatic 850sx VMC. I haven’t been able to find anything on post for this machine within fusion. Please tell me you guys got it working that would save tons of money...
Message 18 of 19

hello all, 

I have an old chinese CNC 4-axis router and it has a Syntec 6MB controller which i can't use autodesk fusion360 for. 

I have created a .txt file of the post processor but i need it turned into a .cps file so i can use for fusion360, how can i do that? Can any one help please ? 

Message 19 of 19
daxpatel45

I found something at this Page.

https://marketplace.visualstudio.com/items?itemName=Autodesk.hsm-post-processor

Using Visual Studio you will change your HSM code and Save it as an HSM extension.

Check out this page and Follow Instructions.

Hope this will solve the issue.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report