DMU60 monoblock Postprocessor

21 REPLIES 21
SOLVED
Message 1 of 22
Anonymous
2857 Views, 21 Replies

DMU60 monoblock Postprocessor

Hey everyone

I started using the CAM software of Fusion360 a few weeks ago and have succesfully made simple programms for my DMG Mori Seiki DMU60 monoblock machine. Now I want to use the full potential of the machine, including the B-Axis (Head movable 90° counterclockwise and 30° clockwise) as well as the C-Axis (Table able to turn 360°)

With these functions I would easily be able to machine a part on 5 faces in 1 clamping.

Here comes the problem, until now I've used the included MillPlus Postprocessor which worked fine, but now as soon as I include operations at the side face of a part, the Axis don't match with the machine.

Here's a picture of my Axis on the machine, I hope my poor sketching skills are good enough to understandSmiley Very Happy

DMU60 Axis.jpg

Does anyone know how to change my postprocessor configuration in order to get this to work? I already tried to solve it myself using the VisualCode Program but I had no success.

Thanks in advance

Michael

21 REPLIES 21
Message 2 of 22
johnswetz1982
in reply to: Anonymous

Wouldnt a Monoblock use either a Siemens, Hiedenhain, or at worst the Fanuc/Mitsubishi Mapps controller?

Message 3 of 22
Anonymous
in reply to: johnswetz1982

I think it uses sort of a mixture between Siemens and Heidenhain if I'm not totally wrong. The Millplus Postprocessor did work quite well with the 3 basic axis X,Y,Z 

Message 4 of 22
johnswetz1982

can you post a picture of your actual controller?

Message 5 of 22
Anonymous

What exactly do you mean with controller, like the software that is used to controll the machine?

Message 6 of 22
johnswetz1982

The thing with a keyboard and knobs and buttons to control things and the screen that shows you the current status.

Message 7 of 22
Anonymous

Okay, yeah I'll try to get a picture tomorrow at workSmiley Very Happy

Message 8 of 22

@johnswetz1982 wrote:

Wouldnt a Monoblock use either a Siemens, Hiedenhain, or at worst the Fanuc/Mitsubishi Mapps controller?

Pretty sure most of the ones with the tilting head have been Heidenhain iTNC series.

But you can get with Siemens or the Heidenhain MillPlus. 

The last is an option for people with older machines to keep the same control. So it's a slightly updated version of the 30-year-old control.

I don't think there are any posts out there in the wild that support the 5-axis kinematics for this machine with MillPlus yet. There are some DMU 50 MillPlus users though.

Laurens Wijnschenk
3DTechDraw

AutoDesk CAM user & Post editor.
René for Legend.

Message 9 of 22
Anonymous
in reply to: Laurens-3DTechDraw

I looked up some pictures of a Heidenhain Millplus and I think that's what I've got as well. If that's the case and there are no Postprocessors out there that support this controll, wouldn't it be possible to change the configuration of the MillPlus Processor in order to give me the proper axis output?

Here's a picture of my controllerIMG-20190618-WA0004.jpg

Message 10 of 22
johnswetz1982

Well at least we know what kind of control you have now, though it is in some gibberish language (just kidding). According to what @Laurens-3DTechDraw says above it does not look like there is an available post that supports those kinematics. You would either have to figure out how to make those edits yourself to the post processor or hire one of the companies to create one for your machine/control.

Message 11 of 22
Anonymous

Yeahh what a strange language right? Maybe that's the problemSmiley LOL

Alright, yeah that's what I thought, I was hoping someone in this Forum would be able to tell me what needs to be be changed. I saw another article that was talking about changing the definition of axis, I'll search it and post it here once it get home

Message 12 of 22
Laurens-3DTechDraw

Can you share your current post processor here?

I can take a look and see if I can enable the 4-5axis configuration if already implemented in that post.

If we have to make it all in that post is a lot more work and might need to find someone to do it.

Laurens Wijnschenk
3DTechDraw

René for Legend.

Message 13 of 22
Anonymous

That would be great, thanks for having a look at it!

MillPlus Postprocessor Configuration File

Message 14 of 22
Laurens-3DTechDraw

Hi Man,

See if this works better.

Be careful, as not properly testing a post processor could cause the machine and yourself some serious harm.

Myself and other forum members cannot be held responsible for anything that happens due to the customization we made to your post.

Laurens Wijnschenk
3DTechDraw

René for Legend.

Message 15 of 22
Anonymous

Dear @Laurens-3DTechDraw ,

About the  millplus.cps, is it for the solidworks?

Did you have postprocessor for the UG/NX of DMU60 monoblock, if you have, could you share to us? thank you.  

Message 16 of 22
Laurens-3DTechDraw

This postprocessor is for Inventor CAM, HSMWorks and Fusion 360.

And thus won't work for NX.

Laurens Wijnschenk
3DTechDraw

René for Legend.

Message 17 of 22
andrew.todd1

Message 18 of 22

Message 19 of 22

The machine and control are 2 separate things. That machine comes with Siemens, Hiedenhien, Hiedenhien Mill Plus?, and Mistubishi MITTS. Which one are you talking about?

Message 20 of 22

Simple answer is no.

Because they have totally different kinematics.

Laurens Wijnschenk
3DTechDraw

René for Legend.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report