Did you mean: 

DMG DMU 50 Siemens 840D Post

9 REPLIES 9
SOLVED
Message 1 of 10
carlson_spencer
3717 Views, 9 Replies

DMG DMU 50 Siemens 840D Post

I am looking for a DMU 50 post for the Siemens 840D controller and can't seem to find it. Anything helps!

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
Arun.rs
in reply to: carlson_spencer

Hi @carlson_spencer 

Thanks for raising your concern via Forum.

There is no specific Milling post for 'DMG DMU 50'  with Siemens controller in HSM post library. 

I think Siemens SINUMERIK 840D post in HSM library would be reasonably close to your machine NC program. You can download the same in below link:

https://cam.autodesk.com/hsmposts?p=siemens-840d

Change the kinematics of the post to suit DMG DMU 50

1. Search  'onOpen'

change the kinematic of post from this:

if (false) {
    var aAxis = createAxis({coordinate:0, table:true, axis:[1, 0, 0], range:[-120.0001, 120.0001], preference:1});
    //var bAxis = createAxis({coordinate:1, table:true, axis:[0, 1, 0], range:[-120.0001, 120.0001], preference:1});
    var cAxis = createAxis({coordinate:2, table:true, axis:[0, 0, 1], range:[0, 360], cyclic:true});
    machineConfiguration = new MachineConfiguration(aAxis, cAxis);

to this:

if (true) {
    //var aAxis = createAxis({coordinate:0, table:true, axis:[1, 0, 0], range:[-120.0001, 120.0001], preference:1});
    var bAxis = createAxis({coordinate:1, table:true, axis:[0, 1, 0], range:[-120.0001, 120.0001], preference:1});
    var cAxis = createAxis({coordinate:2, table:true, axis:[0, 0, 1], range:[0, 360], cyclic:true});
    machineConfiguration = new MachineConfiguration(bAxis, cAxis);

For detail info about the post editing please refer the  FAQ link 

Regards

Arun.RS
Technical Consultant - Post Processor
Message 3 of 10
Anonymous

I have a post that I've modified extensively for our 1st generation DMU 50s. The only thing that isnt working yet is automatic probing

Message 4 of 10
carlson_spencer
in reply to: Anonymous

Any way you can DM me the files? Thanks! I’m hoping everything from the first gen to the third is roughly the same! 

Message 5 of 10
Anonymous

yeah just change your B axis limit because I believe yours goes more negative than the first generation. and change your home positions

Message 6 of 10
Anonymous

Hey man, how is that post working for you?

Message 7 of 10
marius_micromet

Hi

Does it work in 5 continuous axes ???

I also have a DMU50 sinumerik 840D -5 continuous axes and I am interested in a processor station that runs in 5 axes

Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
in reply to: marius_micromet

Yes sir. Check to make sure you don't have the 3rd generation DMU50. If you do, then the B axis negative limit is greater, so you'll have to change that. But it's an easy change. A word of caution however: always try to program continuous 5 axis toolpaths to avoid over-travelling in the negative B. Doing so will either alarm out when you go to post, or trigger the rewind logic which can be used but I personally have no experience with it and I added that code to the post manually. So whether it works perfectly or not is questionable

Message 9 of 10
marius_micromet

Hi

I tested the postprocessor and it works.

Exactly the 3rd generation DMU I have.

How to change the negative stroke limit of the B axis

Message 10 of 10

Did you ever figure out how to edit the home positions to the correct ones and extend the b axis limits?  

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report