Did you mean: 

Custom Post-processor Repository

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
SouthernCrossSmallArms
454 Views, 3 Replies

Custom Post-processor Repository

Admins.....

Can we have a sticky for custom post-processors people have so we can submit them for everyone to have access to.

I had your team do a great post for our specific machine and I have already shared it twice upon request from users in the community with great sucess on their end.

We out line machine details, make year and model, controller, configurations and special features of the post. And submit the post file.

I have had great benefit form this community, however my knowledge on the subject of post-processor modifications is minimal. I would love to be able to contribute somehow. I see this as a fantastic resource for all HSM users and Autodesk Inventor itself.

Cheers

Damir

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Hello Damir,

The best place to request this feature is in the HSM IDEAS forum (IdeaStation).  This forum was created for users to submit ideas such as yours and requests for new stock post processors and added features.  Placing your idea on this forum allows other users to vote on it and has a status field that will let you know when it is accepted.

Bob Schultz
Sr. Post Processor Developer

Message 3 of 4

@bob.schultz wrote:

Hello Damir,

The best place to request this feature is in the HSM IDEAS forum (IdeaStation).  This forum was created for users to submit ideas such as yours and requests for new stock post processors and added features.  Placing your idea on this forum allows other users to vote on it and has a status field that will let you know when it is accepted.

I'm still not sure how this would work.

He doesn't want a generic post to be changed. He wants to share his machine specific post that he tested on his machine and is fully working.

If I made an idea for all of those I have, we would have 100 new Ideas tomorrow and still no way to easily find what one is looking for.

So can someone make clear what the exact plan for such posts is? @al.whatmough @AchimN

Laurens Wijnschenk
3DTechDraw

AutoDesk CAM user & Post editor.
René for Legend.

Message 4 of 4

It looks like I wasn't very clear in my response.  I am suggesting that only the user customized post processor repository request be placed on HSM IDEAS, not to place each customized post processor here.  A methodology for creating such a repository would still have to be created once the idea is accepted.  Placing the idea here gives the rest of the Autodesk community the opportunity to vote on it and give us their opinions.

Bob Schultz
Sr. Post Processor Developer

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report