Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chiron MILL 800 - post

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
ITS-CNC
347 Views, 9 Replies

Chiron MILL 800 - post

Hello to everyone. I recently purchased a Chiron with the siemens 840D sl control, the machine is capable of full 5 axes (axis A on the turning spindle around X, axis B on the milling head around Y). I took a standard mill-turn postprocessor and I can't get it to work, I took a standard 5-axis processor that works for me, but until the moment of work, it actually does the positioning correctly and interpolates correctly, but when it enters G01, he worked jerkily, the working feed changed together, practically he would take the position point by point. I tried all kinds of solutions, I took the post processing manual from you and checked every function to work with G94 and G93, it doesn't work in any of them. I need your help to get the project going, I'm extremely late and I can't finish the post processor for the machine mentioned.
Attached video and program and post processor!

Labels (7)
9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
AdamKunzo
in reply to: ITS-CNC

Have you tried to use High Speed setting - CYCLE832 (0.01, 1, 1)?

Try to add this in front of 5x toolpath to see if that helps.

Message 3 of 10
CNC_Lee

@ITS-CNC 

If the above suggestion is still not providing the required output or you end up needing assistance to complete this, I offer post processor development services and happy to work out a solution for your machine! 

Please message me if I can be of service.

If my post answers your question, please use Accept as Solution.

CNC Lee
Fusion 360 CAM Post Processor Expert
https://linktr.ee/cnclee
Message 4 of 10
ITS-CNC
in reply to: AdamKunzo

Allready tried Cycle832 and with no succes
Message 5 of 10
ITS-CNC
in reply to: CNC_Lee

Hey, my boss has taken this problem upon himself and now I'm waiting to see how he solves it, if he doesn't get it right we'll call on the services of a professional to develop the postprocessor as well. However, write me an email with your offer and everything it includes to send it to him: m.dragos@its-cnc.com

Message 6 of 10
AdamKunzo

Another tip would be to disable:

Use increased decimal output - The control system may have a memory issue and cannot handle a sufficient number of lines ahead due to the doubled number of decimal places, which is why the machine is not machining smoothly

Parametric feed - some machines (Mazak for example) have problem to read Parametric feeds for 5X simultaneous machinig

AdamKunzo_0-1722417456349.png

Let me know if that helps.

Message 7 of 10
ITS-CNC
in reply to: AdamKunzo

I tried with and without parametric feed and it is the same. Also, in positioning moves, I have no problem, the machine moves smoothly and no shaking.

I will try with the decimal disabled and give you an update.

Also I just noticed that the number of decimals is quite to large, and made it with 5 maximum after comma

Message 8 of 10
ITS-CNC

I tried right now, like you said me to do and it is the same, still jerking in G01

Message 9 of 10
ITS-CNC

Ok, so, first hello again.

I managed to make it work in 4 axis, and only 3+2 not fully. In full 5 axis the toolpath generated is a rubbish it not goes where it needed to go. What should I have to attach to check forrward to my problem?

Message 10 of 10
ITS-CNC

Hey guys, I managed to fix this, with M492 an M493 at the beginning of the program, but now I'm facing another one. I get Z+ axis limit on the machine when I use cycle800 with the desire option for my machine. Actually I tried all the option from post but I have the error with all of them

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report