CAM post grbl haywire (images attached)

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
sales
756 Views, 2 Replies

CAM post grbl haywire (images attached)

Hello folks,

I'm having a strange issue when posting grbl. Toolpaths simulate properly and look fine in fusion 360, but then when opened on g-code sender, both UGS and chilipeppr, are a mess. I've tried everything to try and pin it down to something I'm doing, but can't seem to figure it out. Here's what I've done to try and fix:

- tried Openbuilds grbl

- tried updated Fusion 360 grbl

- deleted and recreated setup

- tried operation only and pattern

The really strange thing is that the selected model shows the haywire toolpaths and only a few of pattern objects, not all. Seems like a glitch. The only way I could get a successful g-code is by starting from scratch.

Any thoughts on this?

Tags (4)
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
sales
in reply to: sales

OK, so I'm able to replicate the issue and things go haywire when I turn on smoothing! Yup. That simple. Click the box and things get nasty, unclick and it's all good. This is new. Smoothing is essential because my complex 3d jobs spit out too much code for my wee arduino otherwise. Hmmmm. 

Thoughts?

Thank you!

Message 3 of 3
sales
in reply to: sales

SOLVED!

OK, so David Swarfer over on Openbuilds.com has provided a grbl.cps file that works with smoothing! If I post a file with smoothing on using Fusion's grbl post processor, it goes haywire. With Swarfer's cps file, no problem. Big thanks to David. He says it has something to do with arc sizes. It's above me.

Here is a link to his .cps file. Swarfer grbl post file

Install in your Fusion 360 "posts" folder (good luck finding it, one hundred folders deep. Fusion team, please make it easier to install other posts!)

I'd say this is solved.

Cheers!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report