Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bridgeport DX-32 post

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
3560 Views, 4 Replies

Bridgeport DX-32 post

Hello I am working on getting the generic bridgeport post to work properly with a Bridgeport DX-32 control. So far i have changed the () around comments to ' and i have started the program with a little left arrow to make the DX-32 happy.  Facing, helix, and 2d adaptive clearing have worked flawlessly on the machine (a Bridgeport Discovery Torq-Cut 22).  The problems i am having are with drilling and tapping.  The post will work when a simple drill or tap is commanded but it cannot handle chip breaking on either one.  The post comes up with a failed screen and says a P value is not set.  I have no idea what this is.  Another problem with drilling is the z input coordinate is not negative like it should be, it is positive. Therefore the machine moves to the points where it should drill but doesnt go down.  I have been able to edit the comment and beginning symbol of the post but i am not sure how to fix these other problems.  Any help would be appreciated. Attached is my edited post.

Thanks,
Sam
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

The z value for drill cycle is correct, it is supposed to be the depth of the hole, my appologies.  I still cannot figure out what the p-value is if it is something that needs set in the menus.  I have messed with every number with no results.  I am pretty new to cnc in general I am an engineering student trying to get everything figured out on my schools mill.
Message 3 of 5
fonsecr

Here is an updated post.

René Fonseca
Software Architect

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous

Thank you very much. The drill cycle works nicely im still playing with the tapping cycle.  I really like this program in general it works great.

Sam
Message 5 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: fonsecr

Hello, I have a machine "bridgeport tor cut 22" the HDD is damage, and I lost all the data of it. I managed to install the Dos 6.2 and recover some of the files, but to recover the complete system i need all the files. can anyone of you help me?, sending me a backup of the software to this email address: isaiastorrealba@hotmail.com. Would appreciate your help, thank you. isaias torrealba

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators