Announcements
Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Show Simulation Start & End Position Movements

Show Simulation Start & End Position Movements

I'm not sure if this feature already exists, but it would be useful for the simulation in Inventor CAM to show the movement from the start point (usually datum 0,0,0 or origin point specified in the Setup tab in inventor CAM) to the start position of the first operation.

Likewise, it would be great to show the movement to final position (or home) after the last operation.

This would show if any collisions or undesirable cuts would be made when moving to position in a situation where the Z value might be set prior to the X and Y values.

Many thanks,

Gareth

1 Comment
martin_walter
Advocate

Hi Gareth,

I don't think... Well... Maybe I'm getting you wrong, but:
What your machine really does at the beginning and end of your machining process (and also between operations, especially so if you have a 4/5x machine)
totally depends on the postprocessor you're using - much more, than what you see while simulating operations.

If you used the CAM-Internal simulation for that aspect, you probably wouldn't see what really happens on the machine, and cause you to be not careful enough while running-in your NC-Program.

If you want to take things to this level, better use a dedicated NC-Code based simulation tool.
But that probably won't come cheap.

Best regards

Martin

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report