Announcements
Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor HSM replace tool

Inventor HSM replace tool

It would be really great to be able replace a tool by a different tool from the library so that I do not have to change it for every operation that uses this tool.

I know that as a workaround I can edit my current tool and edit all the parameters, but this is prone to error and time consuming

replacetool.JPG

10 Comments
scottmoyse
Mentor
I badly needed this the other day.
Steinwerks
Mentor

This would be nice in HSMWorks too.

Supposedly one can replace tools in the Compare & Edit dialogue, but it has never worked for me.

cj.abraham
Alumni
Status changed to: Accepted

This is already a planned improvement, but will be implemented in the operation browser in the form of highlighting operations instead of in the tool library. This will allow users to replace the tool in a specific set of operations rather than off of the operations that the tool is used in. 

scottmoyse
Mentor
Sweeeet
ArjanDijk
Advisor

Very nice @cj.abraham. Customers will be very happy about this.

Rob.Lockwood
Advisor

@cj.abraham - i'm guessing this is the idea?

I think this scenario would be solved through the second half of my fusion ideastation request as well- rather than 'replace tool' you'd copy the new tool from the library into the current file's library, and drag and drop the operations from old tool into new.

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/fusion-360-ideastation-request-a/cam-drag-and-drop-tool-re-assignment... (crosslinking to fusion idea for context)

ArjanDijk
Advisor

Hi @Rob.Lockwood. Your idea would be perfect, I'm just afraid that its more complicated to implement and therefore this idea could be a quick win for the dev team. If your idea get implented I would be extremely happy

Anonymous
Not applicable

We're at about a year later (I recall asking several other posts requesting this feature as far back as 3+ years back even). What can we do to push this feature up to the top of the list of features to get implemented?  We've been with HSM since the beginning, have been waiting for this feature since.

scottmoyse
Mentor

The tool library thing is getting a tad frustrating.

ArjanDijk
Advisor

Yeah, I would be great if this gets implemented. Is there any technical difficulty to add this?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report