Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fusion 360 - Turning Chamfer / Parting

Fusion 360 - Turning Chamfer / Parting

Hello to all,

The turning in Fusion 360 is missing a Part-Off with chamfer or arc.

1. The part off tool moves to position 1 in axe Z in rapid passe the end of the part by a X distance(that we input).
  2. The tool moves down in feed to below the extension of the chamfer + by minimum of the distance of the corner radius of the part-off tool.
  3. The tool retracts in rapid to the top approach.
  4. The tools moves in rapid in Z only to the extension to start to form the chamfer.
  5. The tool follows the chamfer in feed to the end of the chamfer.
  6. The tools then parts off the part by going down passe the center of the part by minimum distance of the corner radius of the part off tool.
  7. The tools moves back up in X in rapid.
  8. Then the tool moves to the XZ approach point.

Part-OFF with chamfer.jpg

6 Comments
Anonymous
Not applicable

All of this is super important, but I can't stress the value of just making step #7 happen, preferably in like.. the next release or something.

@Anonymous Actually I would like two versions of that. One that also moves in Z-plus with a lead. So you are clear of the stock. For use of just a main spindle.

And one that just goes up in X in rapid for double spindle work.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I miss this feature from previous software,please add this in HSM and HSMWorks,  beer for you :).

gdaniel450
Contributor

This would be a big feature for me personality man reason I don't use the Fusion360 for lathe work mainly cause i would like to Chamfer and part off at same time.

al.whatmough
Alumni
Status changed to: Under Review

MannyL
Explorer

Perfect!

This really needs to happen.

At step 4, the tool needs to start with an extension on the champher, not rubbing the pc..

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report