Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EDM wire cutting

EDM wire cutting

Hi All

In the world of Wirecutting everything is very out of date, old school, over complex and booring!

It would be nice if we could get EDM wirecutting in HSM/Fusion360... I actually think they could get 'a lot' of customers or visibility out in the cam world if it was a smart and simple wirecut software, think how simple wirecutting is? why not implement! (I know there are specific challenges to this, it's not THAT easy, but still) if it was made smart and simple (which it can and should be) then they would blow the competition away...

EDM wirecut is needed to make HSM the full package 🙂 thanks for voting!

billede.png

41 Comments
silopolis
Contributor

Adding myself to the list. This may be the biggest show stopper to push Fusion 360 in the company I work for to replace the current CAD/CAM system.

kecksmachine
Enthusiast

Any update on wire edm support??

Yes please add EDM. A lot of customers need it.

panscan
Enthusiast

Any update ?

larsKABNK
Explorer

A post processor to my 4-axis foam cutter would be more than welcome! I use this Wingwire-app today which is free and works on all platforms. But it is only for cutting wing profiles.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uWO8kMGxqGU

A lot of customers need wirecuting in Inventor CAM and Fusion 360.
Autodesk please add thise feature quickly.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Another vote here.  A world of one program for all CAD/CAM should be a reality at this point.  I started with AutoCad 1 an educational version at Appalachian State in the eighties and at several points used 3 or 4 different kinds of drawing and programming software.  We are about to purchase and would love to have this option, it would be an easy decision. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes Yes Yes Support for wire EDM!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for the help!

Werner

JamesCipolloni7683
Enthusiast

Looking through these posts it's plain to see,  Autodesk may make a great Design software(I have using it for 25 years, but are never going to be serious players in the Cam sector.  Wire EDM has been around for 40 years and they are focusing on 3d printing and 5 axis, because its cool, but most manufacturers still use 2.5D (3&4 axis) just isn't cool for the young software engineers making what's new! Well we need serious manufacturing software that is user friendly and that have posts the don't need to 1/2 hr or more of editing just to make it right.  the current and older technology that will be around for years to come. Autodesk should be perfecting this 1st.  Do some research, how many shops have 5 axis & 3D printing vs  3 & 4 axis CNC / wire & sinker EDM.    

jrgenrudi
Explorer

Edgecam has wire cutting feature and other cam programs, it would be nice to see fusion 360 get it too!

scott.d.gray
Explorer

I need wire EDM support too. It'd be a lot easier to move everyone off SW here if we could do everything we needed in Fusion / Inventor. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Lamentable que Autodesk no muestre interés en esta solución para sus clientes. esperemos que recapaciten, realmente convertiría a Fusion 360 en el software mas completo.

pouya.zarif
Community Visitor

hello please check my youtube channel about wire cutting machine

https://youtu.be/49n97EysYIY

gordon.murphyX7C9M
Community Visitor

My toolroom would love an EDM post for inventor!

dschulteHR4D5
Advocate

PLEASE AUTODESK, LETS REVISIT THIS, EDM FOR INVENTOR CAM

DBournes
Community Visitor

I'd love to see EDM in inventory cam

steven_devries
Participant

I had been hoping to try and automate both our CAD and CAM processes since we make a large variety of similar parts.  Sadly, it all starts with EDM wire cutting the blanks, making this an impossibility at the moment.

dschulteHR4D5
Advocate

Whats crazy is I have PDF manuals for InventorCAM back from like 2007, and one of the features they advertise for InventorCAM, you guessed it, is WIRE EDM PROGRAMMING.... WHY DID WE STRAY OFF THE PATH??!!?! I could see if it wasn't there, but it used to be.... 

dschulteHR4D5_0-1712228587583.png

HughesTooling
Consultant

@dschulteHR4D5 Was that an Autodesk product? SolidCAM have a product called InventorCAM that used to have a wire edm option for example. Looks like SolidCAM have dropped WEDM from there current options.

JamesCipolloni7683
Enthusiast

Autodesk should focus on perfecting there current software adding what users want, you want Wire EDM you need to upgrade to there top package  5K+/yr for Wire EDM.  Why not offer a some basic of mid level Wire package to inventor cam or Fusion?  they put all there money in up and coming tech when shops are still making parts using 40+ year old tech and will be for the next 30 years.    

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report