Announcements
Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Easy to use fixture and vices library

Easy to use fixture and vices library

Integrated CAD CAM offers all kind of possibilities to import fixtures. But to really use this it costs a lot of clicks. 

I would really like a fixture library where you can add a fixtures to the assembly with a few clicks and that keep in mind the position of the stock.

This is how are friends do this: 

4 Comments
Anonymous
Not applicable

Fantastic Idea, this is a must please AD!

Greg_Haisley
Collaborator

You can do this with SolidWorks. IDK about Inventor or Fusion. These vises can be stored in the SW library.

The center locating vises need assembly mates setup in advance - symmetry mate setup along with the floor and sides of the jaw steps . Then you could switch between different vises to do exactly what is in your video. A fixed jaw vise like a Kurt would only need the front jaw to float.

The part also needs the assembly mates for the bottom and sides setup in advance. It is then drop and play.

al.whatmough
Alumni
Status changed to: Implemented

I am marking this Implement - although, I recognize this is something that is never "finished" we need to be always adding more fixures to the library.

With that said, I hope you all are enjoying the added Fixture models in Fusion 360.

ArjanDijk
Advisor

Hi @al.whatmough

I really like the vices available, but my idea was not so much to have a big library, but to have a workflow to put the piece in a vice.

A customers downloads his vice only once, but (if it is easy enough to use) uses it in every setup. 

You have the stock size, the orientation, so based on this info it should be pretty easy to place the piece in a vice with a few clicks. At the moment, according to the users, its to much work. In the Edgecam video in the first post, I count less then 10 clicks. How many clicks do you need to get an machinevise in your CAM envoirement on the right place?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report