Announcements
Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4th Axis Contouring

4th Axis Contouring

It would be nice to be able to use the 4th axis to its full potential in a sense that right now it is locked by indexing or wrapped tool paths around cylinders.  Odd shapes like a cam or other organic bodies can not be easily machined since the CAM will not place tool paths for odd shapes.  In its current state I have to do 3d contours and change tool orientation multiple times to machine all the way around the 4th axis for non cylindrical parts.  

3 Comments
ArjanDijk
Advisor

Hi @Anonymous. I completely agree, maybe you can add your vote to my idea, that way all the votes are combined in 1 subject and the chances are bigger that the dev team picks it up.

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/hsm-ideas/fusion-inventor-hsm-4axis-roughing-finishing-toolpaths/idi-p/7029678

cj.abraham
Alumni
Status changed to: Future Consideration

This is a feature currently in HSMWorks, but it has not yet reached it's full potential. This is something we want to correctly do in the future.

Brownp993
Community Visitor

I too agree!! This has been a huge discussion at work and we are considering other software. Will Fusion roll this out in the near future? We love Fusion 360 but this 4th axis work is much needed at the moment.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report